What's new

Where do you think Sindel ranks on the tier list?

LoveBites xo

Killer Kween
I feel she is such a strong character now, after continuously practicing with V1 there was no going back for me, her mix ups are a little lackluster but once you work your way in and build momentum she’s solid. In my opinion she is near the top of the list (A) which I base solely off her V1 and V3, I don’t see much potential in V2 when it comes to playing skilled enough players just not enough reward for the massive risks u take. Thoughts???

Zviko

Noob
V2 is actually the most used by pros and other good players. You see V3 here and there but not as much. V1 is just trash. Mix ups are fuzzyable and your only way in is whip and flip which is unsafe. Fastest confirmable non high button is B3 (19f) and you have to use a bar to make it safe as well. On top of that her pokes are trash too. I don't think she is high tier at all. V1 is low, the other 2 are mid at best imo.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
V2 is actually the most used by pros and other good players. You see V3 here and there but not as much. V1 is just trash. Mix ups are fuzzyable and your only way in is whip and flip which is unsafe. Fastest confirmable non high button is B3 (19f) and you have to use a bar to make it safe as well. On top of that her pokes are trash too. I don't think she is high tier at all. V1 is low, the other 2 are mid at best imo.
V1 isnt that bad as long as u dont try to do her "mixups". She still has her scream that u have to respect so u cant just try to zone her out when she has her kb on it epecially when u dont have breakaway. V2 and v3 are probably her best and they might be upper midtier probably top 10 imo.

Zviko

Noob
V1 isnt that bad as long as u dont try to do her "mixups". She still has her scream that u have to respect so u cant just try to zone her out when she has her kb on it epecially when u dont have breakaway. V2 and v3 are probably her best and they might be upper midtier probably top 10 imo.
Yeah V1 is not about mix ups but that and high damage is all she has. But how do you do high damage with her when all her buttons are so slow? Fine, I get hit by scream KB, big deal. It's a 1 time thing and she has to spend 2 bars for decent damage. What then? It doesn't even go full screen.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Yeah V1 is not about mix ups but that and high damage is all she has. But how do you do high damage with her when all her buttons are so slow? Fine, I get hit by scream KB, big deal. It's a 1 time thing and she has to spend 2 bars for decent damage. What then? It doesn't even go full screen.
By spacing, whiff punishing, playing mk11 not mkx

freerf245

11 11 11 11
What? I've never seen v2. Mostly see v1 and v3. And B3 isn't 19f? V1 isnt about the mixups its about damage, and it does that exceptionally well.

Top 7-10. Few characters can compete with her low scream at range and so she forces a lot of characters to approach her. She's got a lot of safe normals with long range. Does she have any bad match ups? I figure if she goes at least 5/5 with everyone then she can't be anything other than high tier.

Zviko

Noob
By spacing, whiff punishing, playing mk11 not mkx
The problem is V1 is forced to play MKX. No projectile means you will most likely be at hp disadvantage.
What? I've never seen v2. Mostly see v1 and v3. And B3 isn't 19f? V1 isnt about the mixups its about damage, and it does that exceptionally well.
Then you haven't seen a good Sindel. Check Dubasik. Yes B3 is 19f and yes her damage is amazing but so is Noob's and Baraka's. What's good having damage if you can't open people up so what's your point?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
The problem is V1 is forced to play MKX. No projectile means you will most likely be at hp disadvantage.
That doesnt make any sense, how is having no projectiles mean that u have to play mkx? The exact reason YOU can't open up ppl is because you play the game like its mkx...(seems the be a problem with alot of downplayers on this site not saying you are a downplayer) .
Watch koisys stream he plays alot of sindel and only her v1 and he is doing pretty good with her i would say. Like i said v1 might be the weakest one but still doesnt mean its trash.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
whip and flip is a 3/4th screen overhead.. what the fuck else do you want to help you get in? You want it to be safe? Once she's half screen she forces you to take your projectiles and shove them because that dumbass move is always a threat.

Zviko

Noob
That doesnt make any sense, how is having no projectiles mean that u have to play mkx? The exact reason YOU can't open up ppl is because you play the game like its mkx...(seems the be a problem with alot of downplayers on this site not saying you are a downplayer) .
Watch koisys stream he plays alot of sindel and only her v1 and he is doing pretty good with her i would say. Like i said v1 might be the weakest one but still doesnt mean its trash.
Yeah saying it's trash was a mistake cause people would get that out of context. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean trash like not viable. Just compared to her other 2 variations and the rest of the cast. You can obviously do good with any character in this game.

Zviko

Noob
whip and flip is a 3/4th screen overhead.. what the fuck else do you want to help you get in? You want it to be safe? Once she's half screen she forces you to take your projectiles and shove them because that dumbass move is always a threat.
Lol. Obviously someone who spams projectiles will eat that oh all day. But the risk-reward is terrible. I bet you have never played V1 Sindel, only against.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Lol. Obviously someone who spams projectiles will eat that oh all day. But the risk-reward is terrible. I bet you have never played V1 Sindel, only against.
The risk/reward is the same for all advancing/fuck neutral specials. The reward is always the same, you get in with 1 read. the OH is also useful because you have $6 safe -17 low half screen launcher.

Zviko

Noob
The risk/reward is the same for all advancing/fuck neutral specials. The reward is always the same, you get in with 1 read. the OH is also useful because you have $6 safe -17 low half screen launcher.
Half screen low lol. That's funny. Well I have S4 high-OH which is safe on block. Wouldn't that be better OH to compliment that low? I'd rather have a high projectile than Whip and Flip tbh.

LoveBites xo

Killer Kween
You must be crazy and not seeing her being played properly, V1 is her best variation PERIOD i hardly see anyone playing V2 because it’s not an ideal play style to win with. Just go and watch Koisy play with her on YouTube and you will soon change your opinion of her

Zviko

Noob
You must be crazy and not seeing her being played properly, V1 is her best variation PERIOD i hardly see anyone playing V2 because it’s not an ideal play style to win with. Just go and watch Koisy play with her on YouTube and you will soon change your opinion of her
Watch Koisy playing V1 against some PC players I never heard of vs watching Dubasik playing V2 and beating actual pros. Um, no, I won't change my opinion.

Zviko

Noob
Also what are even these arguments. Someone doing good with a character means character is high tier now? Wow. I guess Hattricks Lao was S+ during the first 6 months. Kabal must be bottom 1 then since not a single pro is using him....makes perfect sense tbh....

Sindel V3 is top 10 easy. The zoning and simultaneous anti-zoning in that variation is strong. The low shot for projectile wars and to mix off of S4 and B34, and the air fireballs to punish anything for a combo. And the troll orb to close out games and check mate ppl. The only downside to V3 compared to the others is that she doesn’t get as much damage but that fits sindel’s play style of slow solid work imo. Zone ppl out and punish any attempts to come in with F4 (best button in the game btw). Then when they’re conditioned you start mixing with F2, B2, S4, and B34. Not to mention KBs on both throws. PLUS the scream KB for even more screen control on top of her fire ball. Sindel is honestly slept on. V3 is easy too 10 if you have patience to chip away at your opponent.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
When people who acknowledge V1 and V3 play a really good V2 (loud and klear) Sindel who knows what they're doing, maybe more people will appreciate how ridiculous all 3 her variations are.
Imo V2> V3 > V1 but they are all very very good. And V2 and V3 are close together ahead of V1.