What's new

Where Are The Black Dragon Characters?

Kogia

Noob
Just a weird random thought that's bugged me for while, why is the Black Dragon a faction, there are only two Back faction playable characters (and one of those was added DLC who's apparently no longer even in the BD)??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kano and Tremor are the only two in MKX(L)? If they were going to be a faction shouldn't they have added at least a couple of characters for that 'team'?

I'm not whining because I'm a Black dragon fan, Kano has always been one of the characters I use the least in any MK game and I didn't play MK4 or the others from that era (MKDA / MKT) where I believe they introduced more BD members, Tremor is cool though.

Kogia

Noob
Technically LK only had Sub until Triborg.

The faction has nothing to do with playable characters. Just the most prevalent factions in the lore.

I hate that nearly a year later and I'm still having to say this shit lol
You didn't 'have' to say it, but I like that you did, it's a valid point. I just kind of feel they make the Black Dragon out to be a big deal and then just give us Kano, seems odd.

True about the other factions also though, I guess in this game it's mostly SF vs Outworld types. It's definitely not a biggie though, like I said, was just random thoughts.

Erron Black is arguably Black Dragon since he was working as a mole for Kano in the comics.
My question is where the hell is the shirai ryu?
Remember how almost everyone was Lin Kuei for like 10 weeks when the game first launched? Imagine that times ten if Shirai Ryu were added.

Kogia

Noob
It seems like no matter how many characters they put in mkx no one is ever satisfied.
You're assuming too much young one. This wasn't a question, or request, for more characters to be added, this was a question regarding distribution of characters in terms of the story.

As for the cliché response you gave, you're quite correct, some people never are satisfied. Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not, sometimes my satisfaction is valid, sometimes so also is my dissatisfaction. For this example, I would have liked some other (or even more) characters added to the roster, none would have been Black Dragon ones (I really wanted Skarlet). I'm not sure how this will fit into your assumptions.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Kobra is dead as well. Erron Black said he killed him in an intro against Kano I believe.
Yeah, I remember someone saying that, just wasn't sure. So the same as with Moloch in Quan Chi's intro then. A reminder from NRS that those characters will never return. Unless they get resurrected (as always happens in MK), kek.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Just a weird random thought that's bugged me for while, why is the Black Dragon a faction, there are only two Back faction playable characters (and one of those was added DLC who's apparently no longer even in the BD)??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kano and Tremor are the only two in MKX(L)? If they were going to be a faction shouldn't they have added at least a couple of characters for that 'team'?

I'm not whining because I'm a Black dragon fan, Kano has always been one of the characters I use the least in any MK game and I didn't play MK4 or the others from that era (MKDA / MKT) where I believe they introduced more BD members, Tremor is cool though.
A couple IS two.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember someone saying that, just wasn't sure. So the same as with Moloch in Quan Chi's intro then. A reminder from NRS that those characters will never return. Unless they get resurrected (as always happens in MK), kek.
At least Noob Saibot isn't dead lol

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Kabal is dead. You're left with Kobra, Kira, Jarek, NoFace and Tasia. I doubt any of those will ever return.
Technically, Kabal use to be part of the Black Dragon. He was the partner with Stryker from the last story line.

Kogia

Noob
A couple IS two.
Yes, I should have probably put a 'more' in that sentence, I think it was because of my uncertainty of Tremor's position and the fact that he was just DLC added after the start. Luckily this is the interwebs so there will always be some helpful person out there to point out minor grammatical errors. ;)

Lokheit

Noob
I like No Face design but honestly anything he can do can be done by Sektor and then more.

After a certain comic book issue I asked Kittelsen via twitter if the daugther of the bazooka carrying woman wearing a burka that Sonya Blade kills could be Kira as it would match with her background story and how she grew up among terrorists and he said that was a very interesting idea, so we might see Kira in the future as the young Black Dragon to match against the young heroes and she would have some big reasons to hate the heroes. This might be told only in the comics though.

From the team I think she's the one that might have the biggest chance in future games, the variation system should revamp her moveset from scratch though and she could be given some dirty black market weaponry as her signature moves to make her special (I think poisoned attacks and gas bombs would fit with her personality). The Kobras and Jareks don't have too much room for improvement though and it looks like Kobra is already dead.

The one that I don't want happening is "Kano's son" from his ending, I'd rather revamp Kira than having a Jarek 2.0.

Erron Black is arguably Black Dragon since he was working as a mole for Kano in the comics.

Remember how almost everyone was Lin Kuei for like 10 weeks when the game first launched? Imagine that times ten if Shirai Ryu were added.
Erron wasn't a mole as far as I remember, he decided to act on his own with the girls because he knew Kano and made business but (as said by Kano) he could never be a Black Dragon because he hesitates to kill in some situations. D'Vorah became a mole for the Brotherhood of Shadows after the comic events and seeing the talisman's power, but Erron just knew Kano and did something stupid that's not being their mole.