What's new

Where Are The Black Dragon Characters?

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Just a weird random thought that's bugged me for while, why is the Black Dragon a faction, there are only two Back faction playable characters (and one of those was added DLC who's apparently no longer even in the BD)??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kano and Tremor are the only two in MKX(L)? If they were going to be a faction shouldn't they have added at least a couple of characters for that 'team'?

I'm not whining because I'm a Black dragon fan, Kano has always been one of the characters I use the least in any MK game and I didn't play MK4 or the others from that era (MKDA / MKT) where I believe they introduced more BD members, Tremor is cool though.
It was to send a message, to tell everyone that Kano is a faction on his own. While Tremor adds prestige to the faction, I wouldn't mind Kano be all alone in this.

Plus, out of the 5 faction names it's the only one that can be used for an individual

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I like No Face design but honestly anything he can do can be done by Sektor and then more.

After a certain comic book issue I asked Kittelsen via twitter if the daugther of the bazooka carrying woman wearing a burka that Sonya Blade kills could be Kira as it would match with her background story and how she grew up among terrorists and he said that was a very interesting idea, so we might see Kira in the future as the young Black Dragon to match against the young heroes and she would have some big reasons to hate the heroes. This might be told only in the comics though.

From the team I think she's the one that might have the biggest chance in future games, the variation system should revamp her moveset from scratch though and she could be given some dirty black market weaponry as her signature moves to make her special (I think poisoned attacks and gas bombs would fit with her personality). The Kobras and Jareks don't have too much room for improvement though and it looks like Kobra is already dead.

The one that I don't want happening is "Kano's son" from his ending, I'd rather revamp Kira than having a Jarek 2.0.
Kira was in the background of Kahn's stage in MK9, so it was strange they did not include her, especially when Tanya got in (even though as DLC). But then again, Frost and Daegon were also in the background of the Pit stage, and we don't see them in MKX. I think NRS probably saves her and other chars like Havik for the next game, because if you look at the game plot progression, it still follows the same order of events as in the original story, despite being a reboot. MK9 was the original trilogy, and MKX is very similar to MK4 (Quan Chi, Shinnok's reign, yada yada). I agree that Kira needs a unique kit instead of being a mix of Kano and Sonya, but Jarek also needs one, as he is just Kano with a Rhino Drop move.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
On the subject of Kira, if her ass makes it into a main roster I would be pissed. She was ultra bland in Deception and I always hoped she would get killed off (along with Li Mei but her fate was hilarious as Onaga's bitch).

I think NRS probably saves her and other chars like Havik for the next game
I've got some bad news for you regarding Havik...

Lokheit

Noob
I've got some bad news for you regarding Havik...
No one, specially supernatural characters, stay dead for too long in MK and Netherealm has new rulers. His beheaded skull was smashed by Quan Chi but there might be ways to make a new body for him, after all the man walked around without part of his face and broke his own limbs to heal himself.

Maybe Noob's MK9 ending getting an alliance with him comes into play, he could find and revive his remains when he tries to get control over netherealm against its current unexperienced rulers or something else might happen, I wouldn't rule him out yet (or any of the deceased in the comics).

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
It's 50/50, I mean Hsu Hao is definitely dead as is Kobra. Havik is one of the more popular 3D era characters but dude's head got crushed. That seemed super final and a pretty crap way for him to go out. At least Reiko's demise was interesting.

KCJ506

Noob
I'm open to a revamped version of Kira. The concept of a female Black Dragon member is interesting. But the problem was giving her Kano and Sonya's movesets. However NRS has come a long way with designing character movesets since the 3D era games.

I do find it ironic how that was the main criticism that Kira got, when Smoke initially had this issue as well. All of his specials in MK3(and it's updates) were taken from other characters.(or at least functioned like another character's special) He didn't get his own until Deception/Armageddon.

Kira was a mix of Sonya and Kano's move sets. Which is exactly what Cassie Cage is, a mix of Sonya and Johnny Cage because NRS suck at making new characters. Kobra anyone? If Kira is in MK11 then she needs her own unique variations.