What's new

Where are all the Raiden mains (PSN)?

To be fair this was a freak accident, really think it's a bug
I don't know why you think that; it's definitely working as intended. The attack is two-stages; the lightning and the face grab. The lightning hits from full screen, pulling them forwards and into the ground, giving Raiden control of the entire top half of the screen with this move. If they're close enough, the lightning will pull them into Raiden's grasp for the followup animation.

It's a really, really good move, just everyone is too busy obsessing over mid screen combos for a character that is designed to place you in the corner whenever he wants.

Also, female hitboxes.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm down to play anyone. I mostly play raijin. People sleep on how good that charge buff really is. NA east. Psn is tym name. Just let me know you're from the forums

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
I don't know why you think that; it's definitely working as intended. The attack is two-stages; the lightning and the face grab. The lightning hits from full screen, pulling them forwards and into the ground, giving Raiden control of the entire top half of the screen with this move. If they're close enough, the lightning will pull them into Raiden's grasp for the followup animation.

It's a really, really good move, just everyone is too busy obsessing over mid screen combos for a character that is designed to place you in the corner whenever he wants.

Also, female hitboxes.
Only reason I say that is "if" the attack was intended to be 2 stages then its certainly problematic. Test the "on hit" "recovery" frames from full screen to the actual grab, there different. I know frame data doesnt explain all moves but this one feels off. Combining the weird "hit" animation with the hit box of the actual lighting doesnt correlate. The blue lighting from a thunder skin on a well lit stage it's worse.

Only reason I say that is "if" the attack was intended to be 2 stages then its certainly problematic. Test the "on hit" "recovery" frames from full screen to the actual grab, there different. I know frame data doesnt explain all moves but this one feels off. Combining the weird "hit" animation with the hit box of the actual lighting doesnt correlate. The blue lighting from a thunder skin on a well lit stage it's worse.
Not sure what you're trying to say here.

They are using other chars until raiden gets buffed or the stupid free mafia on the top of tier list gets nerfed.

I play Raiden but dude....scorpion is so much better, and badass too.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
That's why you always try out all the moves.
Oh i've tried out all the moves, believe me. I have the maximum allowed number of custom variations and I've played around with all of Raiden's abilities. I like Summon Lightning, i just didn't know it could catch people from that far away. I like it even more now.