What's new

Where are all the Raiden mains (PSN)?

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I've been playing MK11 since day one and so far i've encountered maybe 3-4 players who picked Raiden against me. They were not even Raiden mains, they just picked him for a game or two, in between their other characters. What's going on? I want to see how other Raiden mains play him.

Any of you Raiden mains on here interested in having some mirror matches? I am on PSN. PM me if interested.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I've been playing MK11 since day one and so far i've encountered maybe 3-4 players who picked Raiden against me. They were not even Raiden mains, they just picked him for a game or two, in between their other characters. What's going on? I want to see how other Raiden mains play him.

Any of you Raiden mains on here interested in having some mirror matches? I am on PSN. PM me if interested.
Same, no one plays Raiden. Oh well, he’s not very good so it’s not surprising that no one really uses him. Especially when multiple characters do his job better than he does

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I started playing him a couple of days ago. I'm trying to figure out how often to play him. I don't see anyone replacing K as my mainstay, but I very well may keep using him on a frequent basis. Having more fun with him than I expected.

I thought he was interesting to get into. Some characters I just can't get my head around, but he seemed very accessible to jump into. Normally it takes me many days to get strings and combos down well enough to use them in actual matches. I was fighting people within 24 hours and not really losing much more than normal. But then people may just be like "Who the hell is Raiden?"

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Rajon wouldn't work against you. It's only highlights are the reversal and The best anti air in the game
Wouldn't Thunder Wave be a better anti-air? You can amp it for a full combo.
Raijin's version is kinda slow and sometimes finnicky on the hitbox.
I want to like Raijin but some of his specials are questionable. What even is the purpose of the staff slam?
The other low special you can do something with, but it should still launch, imo. Seems dumb they took out the launch but left the animation on the amp.
Poor Raiden got Day 0'd. Not as bad as D'Vorah, but the rush to nerf left some evidence...

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Wouldn't Thunder Wave be a better anti-air? You can amp it for a full combo.
Raijin's version is kinda slow and sometimes finnicky on the hitbox.
I want to like Raijin but some of his specials are questionable. What even is the purpose of the staff slam?
The other low special you can do something with, but it should still launch, imo. Seems dumb they took out the launch but left the animation on the amp.
Poor Raiden got Day 0'd. Not as bad as D'Vorah, but the rush to nerf left some evidence...
The low is a full screen projectile when buff is active. And the anti air is the grab. It can grab full screen even though the animation is only three quarters.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

Just a quick example. Side note this does kinda show some wonky hitboxes not sure if it hitting fullscreen is a bug or what.

Grab starts up in 14 frames, storm cell in 13. Storm cell on block is death but you can do some weird nonsense in the corner with grab.

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
The grab being -2is good only works on some characters in the corner (did not test everyone) geras and shao gotta eat it if they stand block anywhere on screen. it also hits raw directly in their space. I'm thinking its bugged or maybe raiden is the reason geras has stupid fast poke

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Yeah the quick charge reversal and the faux launcher actually combo in the corner but the timing is too damn tight. I just can’t do raiden without the tp

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Yeah the quick charge reversal and the faux launcher actually combo in the corner but the timing is too damn tight. I just can’t do raiden without the tp
No benefit to amping the projectile move. QC doesn't leave you with advantage. Dont see the benefit of it for pure restand.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Your trolling? Friend if you can show some nice raiden play I'd love to see it
The only thing he struggles with Is storm cell is so punishable. His strings with gaps you shouldn't use and tele gets you out of everything for free. Only thing I would change is make is d1 have more advantage on hit or at least line up with storm cell. Frustrating landing a d1 punish and storm cell gets wrecked.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner

Just a quick example. Side note this does kinda show some wonky hitboxes not sure if it hitting fullscreen is a bug or what.

Grab starts up in 14 frames, storm cell in 13. Storm cell on block is death but you can do some weird nonsense in the corner with grab.
What?! Summon Lightning is a full-screen anti air and a grab. I didn't realize it was so powerful. Too bad it can't be comboed after.