What's new

When will Xbox 360 and PS3 online Officially end?

When will Online Services fro xbox 360 and PS3 officailly end

• 2022 2023

Votes: 2 66.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony and microsoft will continue online for 7th gen for 20 more years

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
December 16th GTA V will be shutdown on ps3 and 360 but can you believe that mortal kombat 2 online for ps3 still stands
It has outlasted the killzone and resistance series which were pure gold on pshttps://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51989315o2aa3a/gta-online-for-playstation-3-and-xbox-360-will-shut-down-on-december-PS3.

Does anyone have an idea on when the plug will finally be pulled from PS3 and 360 online servers??
Im just in shock that you can still play street fighter 2 hd remix and MKAK mk2 online with no word
on when there ever gonna be shut down.Ill link you to the halo 3 and GTA V shutdown articles

But I really am ready for he ps3 and 360 to be shutoff across the board I think the online servers
have been up for too long.PS3 was never the same for me after april 2014 when they shutdown the online servers for reisistance series which IMO were the heart and soul of a sony fanboy and the ps3

My theory is around 2025; the twenty year anniversary of the Xbox 360 more or less, but only because consoles are currently hard to come by with the chip shortage. Might be sooner though. At the end of this year, I believe, Xbox 360 Halo titles will loose online functionality.

Completely coincidental, I decided to unplug and pack away my Xbox 360 E a few hours ago. I haven't used it in years, and the only major game on it that doesn't work on my Xbox One X, or that hasn't been remastered for Xbox One and Xbox Series and PC, is Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition. But I also have the PC and PlayStation Vita versions of the game, which I can play whenever I wish.

So might as well retire the console.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
One of the Xbox’s biggest selling point relies on Xbox 360 servers with backwards compatibility. Without online servers for the hundreds of games that are backwards compatible that have iconic online multiplayer like Black Ops 1 & Splinter Cell Blacklist, what’s the point?

One of the Xbox’s biggest selling point relies on Xbox 360 servers with backwards compatibility. Without online servers for the hundreds of games that are backwards compatible that have iconic online multiplayer like Black Ops 1 & Splinter Cell Blacklist, what’s the point?
Yea I know but Im thinking soon those old call of duty games will be able to only play online thru xbox and pc
i think ps3 online will be shutdown late next year with only the store and being able to redownload them
but theyll be single player only.Sony so far has shut the multiplayer down on ALL RESISTANCE GAMES,Mag,Killzone ps3 games
the whole uncharted series and LBP games and I cant believe you can still actually play mortal kombat 2 on ps3
and the fact that its outlasted all those 10 million sold games as far as online servers.
Im actually wanting the ps3 servers to be shut down as ive been pissed at sony for shutting resistance down
and its been 7 years LOL.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Yea I know but Im thinking soon those old call of duty games will be able to only play online thru xbox and pc
i think ps3 online will be shutdown late next year with only the store and being able to redownload them
but theyll be single player only.Sony so far has shut the multiplayer down on ALL RESISTANCE GAMES,Mag,Killzone ps3 games
the whole uncharted series and LBP games and I cant believe you can still actually play mortal kombat 2 on ps3
and the fact that its outlasted all those 10 million sold games as far as online servers.
Im actually wanting the ps3 servers to be shut down as ive been pissed at sony for shutting resistance down
and its been 7 years LOL.
The dude in charge of PlayStation, Jim Ryan (who by the way seems to be a real asshole) has been burying people for quite awhile who want to play PS1 & PS2 games as he believes that old games are uninteresting & he doesn't understand why they’re worth preserving yet Phil Spencer of Xbox is the complete opposite when it comes to old games.

This is one such example:

I’m not surprised from PlayStation though, they made early PS3s backwards compatible then stripped that feature from all newer models when the Xbox 360 had around I think 300 Xbox titles backwards compatible (I believe on Xbox One it’s less because it wasn’t planned & Xbox 360 games weren’t either). PlayStation even attempted to remove the PS3, PSP & Vita stores earlier this year until people got pissed & protested.

Yea I think sony will keep the store up for a little while longer but not much more.
Maybe when ps5s are readily available everyday in most stores theyll just say fuck it
and pull the plug on the ps3 store for good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Good question, I’m not sure. But it does bring up a similar question about XB1/PS4 online. Most of my games on the XB1 can only be played if I’m online, even if it’s a single player game with no online modes whatsoever. Hopefully these consoles online stay that way for at least 5 more decades, lol.

Oof, reading that hurt my soul...
Yeah....

@Revy I figure any game supported on Xbox One or Xbox Series will always be online accessible, but the actual Xbox 360 consoles will be retired eventually.

Update: I've said it before and I'll say it again: I truly think Microsoft has their head on straight this generation, and Spencer, unlike Mattrick, understands his customer base. Sony, on the other hand, I think they have a lot of things wrong this gen, so we'll see how that all plays out.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Online services for numerous Halo Xbox 360 games will be switched off on 13th January 2022, developer 343 Industries has confirmed. This will impact Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Spartan Assault, and Halo Wars.

Ill miss the 360 days of playing this,Its just more nostalgic than playing it on MCC on steam
My favorite online shooter though is resistance 1 and 3 they have been shutdown since april
2014 I remember getting up at 4 am and playing till 2pm alot of days LOL on RFOM multiplayer
If resistance hadnt shutoff I prob never wouldve played mk2 so much

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I think even if they shutdown the servers games would/should still be able to be played online via P2P (peer-to-peer) as that’s how lots of games that have had been shutdown are still playable like MK9 & when they shutdown Evolve on XB1 & PS4.