What's new

When Should NRS Patch Mortal Kombat 11? - Podcast Discussion.

When should NRS patch Mortal Kombat 11?

• Immediately.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • After EVO.

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • At the end of the year.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Whenever season 1 concludes.

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And @M2Dave lbsh, I'm not even asking for any balance changes, just fix the broken hitboxes that don't function most of the time, kotal would be extremely playable with no balance changes if they just fixed his D1 without touching anything else.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Personally, I don’t think it matters what I or anyone wants as far as when the patch drops. NRS has learned a lot over the years, and I think they will release a balance patch when they deem it necessary. Now, we can predict when that will be of course. And I feel the first one may be after EVO. Or it may release with Shang, who knows?
I'd love to see what they've learned "quantified"

I actually think they play more along the lines of "everyone has gotten used to these things so thats good". In reference to hitbox issues, hurtbox issues. Female characters being different. Completely useless moves, strings, and incomplete characters.

I don't really think they've learned anything, and simply "change' the game to cover their shortcomings.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The developers are letting the meta "play out", according to the Kombat Kast. So I am under the impression that there will be no patch for a while, which is the correct course of action for the game long term. However, I would love to see a patch that fixes hitboxes and changes some of the impractical krushing blows.
I can tell you right now. Letting something broken "play out" is never good for anything long term. Whether it is a game, a program, a song..... it doesn't' matter. I understand this straw man to a T because I deal with it on a daily. If it is broken you fix it asap and be done with it.

I already know that there are people in NRS saying "the hurtboxes are a feature... it is fine. When is the DLC going to be ready to ship."

The impracticality of some of the KBs are just so stupid. the novelty of it was probably cool in a story board room..... but stupid in use.

Some characters OBVIOUSLY not being completed compared to others is also just bad.

I seriously do not know how many bodies or teams they have working on these things. But the KB and Hit/hurtbox issues should of been fixed weeks ago. as in before the game came out.

The "balance" aspect is entirely different and should probably have a patch each time a DLC is released. Simply because each character added is a new variable in the scheme of the game.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突

This JUST from the MKX days, you don't even want me to get into INJ2 days. . .

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

This JUST from the MKX days, you don't even want me to get into INJ2 days. . .
SHAO bringing the hard truth.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I predict it’ll be like the EVO 2017, balance patch comes after and whichever top tier won will pay the troll toll and the others will be slightly toned down

M2Dave

Zoning Master
They’re never gonna fix these hitboxes. People have been complaining about them for years, spanning multiple games.
I think they will fix the hitboxes eventually. I assume the process is more delicate and time-consuming, which requires a major patch instead of a small hot fix.

I understand people's frustrations with hitboxes and krushing blow requirements. I use Noob and shadow tackle whiffs on some forward advancing moves like Liu Kang's flying kick and Sub Zero's slide. Noob's krushing blows have impractical conditions too. These problems ought to be addresses as soon as possible. As far as balance changes are concerned, however, many people have screamed "let the game play out" at NRS in the past. Now that they are allowing the game to develop, many people are demanding immediate balance changes. You cannot have it both ways.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
AT least after shang tsung is out, so he gets a nice balance rather than being over powered.
By popular demand, the podcast has finally returned. The podcast was on hiatus for a couple of months so that REO, Tom, and I could learn the basics of the game before commenting. In this episode, King Jr., who was at Combo Breaker about three weeks ago, joins the podcast in order to discuss the following topics.

00:26 - King Jr.'s Combo Breaker experience
05:28 - current state of the game and patching
26:27 - the most overrated and underrated characters
46:43 - Mortal Kombat 11's balance
50:06 - opinions on Shang Tsung
1:04:02 - fatal blows and armor
1:06:40 - "Hero of the Month" (@TrulyAmiracle) and "Fool of the Month" (@Chernyy Volk)
1:10:12 - m2dave's alleged downplaying of Noob Saibot

Please leave any feedback in this thread and vote in the poll.

@HellblazerHawkman , an article to the front page would be appreciated. Thank you.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
shouldve been more specific with the poll question. I think literally everyone wants a patch to fix something at any point in time, all the time

they could literally follow tekken's example with fatal blows since it's clearly almost a copy of rage arts. the problem is that the mk characters movesets are so unique that you get shit like full screen, half screen, and tracking fatal blows.

I think they will fix the hitboxes eventually. I assume the process is more delicate and time-consuming, which requires a major patch instead of a small hot fix.

I understand people's frustrations with hitboxes and krushing blow requirements. I use Noob and shadow tackle whiffs on some forward advancing moves like Liu Kang's flying kick and Sub Zero's slide. Noob's krushing blows have impractical conditions too. These problems ought to be addresses as soon as possible. As far as balance changes are concerned, however, many people have screamed "let the game play out" at NRS in the past. Now that they are allowing the game to develop, many people are demanding immediate balance changes. You cannot have it both ways.
Don’t get me wrong, I like that they haven’t buffed/nerfed characters. There are issues with the fundamental mechanics, so any buffs/nerfs would make the game a worse experience.

I just have zero faith in hitbox issues getting fixed. So I play the game accordingly. Like not pressing advantage after a d1 on hit because I can be poked or hit with d2.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
If they patch it before EVO, it should be just minor things imo. People are really training/ getting dedicated, and I don't know if Shang is going to be legal, and if he is going to be legal, that should really be the only thing the pros have to learn before the start.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Don’t get me wrong, I like that they haven’t buffed/nerfed characters. There are issues with the fundamental mechanics, so any buffs/nerfs would make the game a worse experience.

I just have zero faith in hitbox issues getting fixed. So I play the game accordingly. Like not pressing advantage after a d1 on hit because I can be poked or hit with d2.
NRS addresses nearly everything over time. It's just a case where, let the netcode fix, and the 'input bug', some things require deeper changes in the fighting engine, which means it's not just a matter of a simple patch or hotfix and takes longer.

But nearly every major complaint since the MK9 days has been addressed at some point.

kcd117

Noob
NRS should fix the hitbox issues, get rid of the dumb pokes, and normalize the top tiers.

I really don’t think they should buff anyone, there are at least 15 characters on that “too dangerous to buff” zone, if anything, give them better KBs and very minor adjustments.

NRS addresses nearly everything over time. It's just a case where, let the netcode fix, and the 'input bug', some things require deeper changes in the fighting engine, which means it's not just a matter of a simple patch or hotfix and takes longer.

But nearly every major complaint since the MK9 days has been addressed at some point.
Addressing and fixing are 2 different things bro. MK9 had similar hitbox issues. That game came out my senior year....I’m 26 now lmao.

My point still stands.

Wigy

There it is...

Characters had hitbox issues the entirety of mkx, dumb shit never got fixed. God they even removed the armour from jax's dash punch til they fixed a bug and just never got round to putting it back in which killed his viability the entire rest of the games life.

NRS does a good job overall but there's just glaring issues that aren't hard fixes that go un-sorted.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Addressing and fixing are 2 different things bro. MK9 had similar hitbox issues. That game came out my senior year....I’m 26 now lmao.

My point still stands.
Fixed:
The Netcode
The Input Bug
P1 Advantage
The input timing window (Getting DF after crouching)
The egregious balance
About 95% of the "Wrong way/wrong side bugs"
The meter glitch
Safe armored launchers
etc.

They've been knocking things off one at a time. I'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Fixed:
The Netcode
The Input Bug
P1 Advantage
The egregious balance
About 90% of the "Wrong way/wrong side bugs"
The meter glitch
Safe armored launchers
etc.

And hitbox issues have gotten worse to the point they currently sway characters viability in a huge proportion of matchups.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
God they even removed the armour from jax's dash punch til they fixed a bug and just never got round to putting it back in which killed his viability the entire rest of the games life.
This right here will always be the moment I realize bugs and hitbox issues on NRS games won't be address to its fullest extent even if we post stuff here or in social media.

People who didn't even play the character was advocating for this fix, but nope. Shit was sad.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
major patch changes should be done after evo.

agree that maybe a hit box patch asap!!

id love if they'd give a few variations that currently have one krushing blow, at least one more (other then the throw and uppercut one).
Example dirt bag kano ~ other then the d+2 and throw one all he has is b+3. i see geras over here with 6. id be happy if it were required for me to hit 10 kano balls after the V~MIGHTY, just something :( i am a kano dirtbag main so wishful thinking here lol

fatal blow ~ losing the armor is reasonable. id rather it disappear after the round if it hits or misses, next round you get it back if it misses.

reos idea on the pokes being more negative i agree with.

Fixed:
The Netcode
The Input Bug
P1 Advantage
The egregious balance
About 95% of the "Wrong way/wrong side bugs"
The meter glitch
Safe armored launchers
etc.

You said NRS addressed the issue...I have a guilty pleasure for popcorn. I’m addressing the issue, but that’s not a fix.

I don’t really care how many things they’ve already fixed. Why make the hitboxes like previous games if there is a known issue?

Almost a decade later they still haven’t been fixed.