What's new

When Should NRS Patch Mortal Kombat 11? - Podcast Discussion.

When should NRS patch Mortal Kombat 11?

• Immediately.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • After EVO.

Votes: 37 31.9%
  • At the end of the year.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Whenever season 1 concludes.

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You said NRS addressed the issue...I have a guilty pleasure for popcorn. I’m addressing the issue, but that’s not a fix.

I don’t really care how many things they’ve already fixed. Why make the hitboxes like previous games if there is a known issue?

Almost a decade later they still haven’t been fixed.
I agree. While NRS has fixed the vast majority of issues as Crimson pointed out, sloppy and inconsistent hitboxes continue to be prevalent to this day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with low-profiling moves, which are part of modern fighting games. However, if you consider a character like Johnny Cage whose primary strategy is deemed nonfunctional against a handful of characters because of hitboxes, you have a major problem that is unacceptable and must be resolved as soon as possible.

Owerbart

I miss you
i'd prefer if they give us a balance patch right now. My only issue is the people that are gonna get screwed for spending their hard working money for the big tournaments ahead and would now need to readapt

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Most changes people want is because they refuse to learn anything at all. Jade gets easy 30% 1 bar combos and they act like it doesn’t exist. Especially frame data, people are talking about mashing down pokes when it literally impossible to mash in mk. The lack of critical thinking needs the biggest buffs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Also, maybe a guest that doesn't talk for only 10 mins or so, interrupts ppl midsentence and keeps going AND is playing on the background with a loud ass pad. Was very annoying to listen to those sections.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Looks like most want changes sooner than later. I want hitboxes fixed ASAP, Fatal Blows adjusted, Meter System regen slower and KB requirements made more practical.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My answer would be selfish because I'd like it patched now, for a few reasons.

1 - I don't find MK11 to be all that exciting to watch in its current state. Namely Sonya, Geras, Erron Black, Scorpion (basically, all the character considered high tier). I'd just like things shaken up a bit. Again, this is selfish because it's only June and the game has not even been out 2 months, so I know this would be foolish to do so soon.

2 - Kotal is not only shitty, but he's boring as fuck to play. He was my favorite character in MK11 and I just have no desire to waste my time with him currently. Shao Kahn feels like Sektor in MK4 Gold by comparison. Again.....this is selfish, I understand that.

3 - We only have 2 tournament variations per character, and a lot of them are shit that appears to just be thrown together. We should not be taking steps back in a sequel. Sure, there were plenty of variations in MKX that weren't viable, but at least you could see what purpose they were supposed to serve. Every character should have at least 3 tournament variations with a clear focus (i.e. zoning, counter-zoning, rushdown etc.)

4 - I hate how Fatal Blows work (added this after the fact). They need to be changed. They shouldn't regenerate. They should do less damage. I'm so sick of seeing them. Many of them completely ruin the focus of this game, which is supposed to be neutral.

Having said all that, I'm still having fun playing the game, but I don't feel like it has even come close to reaching its potential. I don't think a small balance patch to bring some of the lower tiers more toward the middle of the pack would be all that bad, but I know we are too close to EVO for that. I don't think we should be waiting a year to balance the game, though. If I have to watch Geras' F212 or 111 for the next year, I may throw myself in front of a bus.

Last edited:
Great podcast, I'm looking forward to the next one !

I'd like to recommand @Circus as the hero of the week for the next podcast.
He collected all the frame data of all the characters and added them into one big thread right here (the data is still up to date despite the title being "1.02"). I know it was a really long work because I helped him a lot to collect the data since I had the game early and I think he deserves more recognition for his awesome work !

Last edited:
after evo.

unfortunately i was not able to play the game too much so i can not say anything regarding char balance, but some game mechanics could get some small adjustments imo.

- throw tech
i seriously can not fully enjoy the game because of this dumbass mechanic. why not allow to tech throws (no matter if forward or back throw) by pressing the throw button? if that is not possible, then at least reduce the range of throws.

- meter
lol at this one. self fulling meter would have made much more sense in mkx but not in this game imo.
since this is not going to be changed, at least the bars should take definitely much longer to full itself.

- meter bars placement
maybe its just me being an old man, but i definitely have trouble keeping an eye on the meter bars, both my own and opponent, while playing.
the bars are placed at the edges of the screen and they are yellow. it may looks cool when you are not playing and just watching the game, loool.
this is just pretty bad design, that is what it is and i doubt it will be changed. at least they could give different sounds, loud and clear, for each bar (defense and offense)
so you can hear when you have full meter.