What's new

When should i be switching stances? (trait)

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
I know about like switching during combos but when i'm playing him i find myself almost never switching to power blades and i know it's affecting gameplay? any tips on when i should be switching and how i should be utilizing the tools offered?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I switch to the bladed stance whenever my opponents normals tend to outrange me. I utilize my enders and just switch stances from there, shield into stance, grab into stance, occasionally midscreen I'll stagger 11, or 111 into bladed stance and immediately follow up with 111 again and you'd be suprised how often that works. I mostly use mace stance for the corner game, any other time I usually prefer bladed.

RetroPhysic

Woo Hoo!
I switch to the bladed stance whenever my opponents normals tend to outrange me. I utilize my enders and just switch stances from there, shield into stance, grab into stance, occasionally midscreen I'll stagger 11, or 111 into bladed stance and immediately follow up with 111 again and you'd be suprised how often that works. I mostly use mace stance for the corner game, any other time I usually prefer bladed.
thanks!

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
i use bladed stance for setups after df1 i switch to blade end combo with f2 then either crossover jump3 df1 or instant flight air dash flight cancel again in j3.
hus bladed j3 is weird in a good way and hell its safe

PFunk

Noob
Check out ketchup and mustard on YouTube. They have a video that demonstrates how beetle can toggle on/off trait in the middle of a few of his special moves, as well as in the middle of his 2 1 1+3 string. This way you don't have to take risks in order to change your stance. The moves list tells you which specials can be used in this way. I have also recently found out that most interactables toggle off trait, with the exception of background interactables. These various ways of turning on/off beetle's trait allow for him to be very unpredictable, as he is able to keep changing his playstyle from a footsies based approach to zoning, which can confuse your opponent, especially if they don't know the matchup very well.