What's new

Question When Is It Wise To Input His Basic Combos During A Match?

My first fighter. Noob guidance.

Basically I am finding a hard time of acknowledging when to input lobo's basic combos. I am not speaking about juggles here. Just the basic combos. 213, b12 1+3, b2u1, f23, 12 1+3, f213, 112, 113.

I am also aware 113 is positive on block and it should be used most to create opportunities. My thing is I get blocked when I do try to land basic combos.

During a match when do you guys input these combos:

when you are close to your opponent?

when he/she is on the ground - you start doing the combos before he/she gets up so that they wak right into them?

D0 you play footsies and sneak and in a combo from there?

After a blocked 113 you can go for b1 2, if they get hit by this frame trap then you can dash once and do b2 u1 and combo from there. B2 u1 after a b1 2 is a great setup as it lands extremely meaty and as of yet no one has reacted to it and blocked it against me.
If they block the b1 2 then you can go for a guaranteed d1 and do whatever you want after that I go into b1 u2 and if they keep blocking I do d1 again but this time after the d1 I do a instant jump d.3. This gives you a hard knockdown and sets up an inescapable command grab which you use to land big damage.

On their wakeup you can either do low chain if you anticipate a back dash or 2 1 xx special or command grab. Throw out 3 when you're in range and buffer specials into it to catch jumps. 3 xx shotgun works well to keep them in the corner.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Besides that I usually get a lot of damage from cross up 2 into b2 u1/113