What's new

When/how to use pokes and small combos.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
This is a really good tip, I will definitely do this. And this makes sense, at first it seemed like there were frames I wasnt counting or something, but it's just how mortal combat works I guess. After a while I won't get bombarded online by everyone else's pokes lmao
are you on ps4?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
This is what I need to know lol.... there are probably many fighting game players who aren't too experienced with fighting games who don't know this, but are afraid to ask

OK, I get it now. A landed poke basically makes it my turn, and a blocked poke gives the turn to the opponent. If I land a poke, what i do during my turn is up to me, but I need to be careful because the opponent might use armor, if the have it. This is because the hit advantage from a an enemy poke, plus the start up of an attack in use if I press buttons, will not be able to beat out the frames of the follow up attack from the enemy
Yup you got it, but you should learn which string or normal is guaranteed after landing a poke. If it's too slow your opponent can just mash a poke out and ruin your turn. You need to condition them to respect yours. After that, you can try going for more risky strings.

Yup you got it, but you should learn which string or normal is guaranteed after landing a poke. If it's too slow your opponent can just mash a poke out and ruin your turn. You need to condition them to respect yours. After that, you can try going for more risky strings.
Okay cool, I'll look at scorps frame data and figure out which are best

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
It depends on who you main,if your char has insane mids then there is no reason to be concerned about pokes.just get in.