What's new

When does PSX MKT freeze on PS2 and PS3?

dreemernj

Ambassador
Buttman already added when you beat the game and go to Shao Kahn's treasures. When else does it freeze up? Is the behavior the same on PS3 as it is on PS2?

marv

Noob
I seem to recall it freezes if you pick character ending in Shao Kahn's treasure.

I haven't tried it on the ps3 yet.

Edit: I have the greatest hits version.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Is this for both versions of the PSX MKT?

I will try it tonight on my PS3 ( I only have the GH version right now, my friend has my other verion)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
After every match if you disable the continue screen, obviously something similar to the time running out.

Can anyone explain what this threads for? I tryed to ask in General but I guess Dave thinks I'm a retard. I can read what its says under the topic "Wiki", but what is is relating to.

RoGE

Noob
N1nja Lord said:
Can anyone explain what this threads for? I tryed to ask in General but I guess Dave thinks I'm a retard. I can read what its says under the topic "Wiki", but what is is relating to.
......wow....

Its for suggestions...

N1nja Lord said:
Iori9 said:
N1nja Lord said:
......wow....

Its for suggestions...
For what?
This thread is to gather info on when Mortal Kombat Trilogy for Playstation freezes when the disk is used in a Playstation 2 or a Playstation 3.

The Forum category, "Wiki," is for users to, "Post ideas for what should go on the wiki, point out errors, make suggestions, etc." just like the description says. In case you hadn't ralized, an, "UltimateMK Wiki," has been added to the menu on the left. It's not editable by most users, so anything users want to contribute to it is to be posted in this forum.

Tim Static

Adminerator
PS3
-time running out at the continue screen.

I still need to try beating the and the tourny. I had some family issues to tend to, but I will get on it tonight :D

Grue

Noob
This kept happening to me so all I can say is that it would be something to do with the fact that the emulation of the PS2/3 can not replicate the game fully as the native Playstation does. Emulation of the game on the PC though runs the game fine, so it'll most likely be a next-generation problem and not the game itself. Possibly the syntaxes used for those events are not triggered correctly by the later consoles.

This is a slight bit off topic but i didn't see the use in creating a whole new thread for it but...

I had mentioned how PCMKT had no loading times except for Shang Morphs, well I was wrong, there are no load times for Shang. It had just been awhile since I used him.

So PCMKT with a patch is Identical to PSXGH, except PC is 108740183471 times better with ZERO load times.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The game use to briefly pause on my oldest PC, a P3 550, when I would morph.

marv

Noob
(I'm speculating here.)

That makes sense. I would guess it has the load time of reading from the hard disk as opposed to reading from the cdrom drive.

Unless it loads it all into ram, then it has the load time of zero. But on and old PC unused character's might still get swapped out.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I'm pretty sure PC MKT accesses the HD for the morphs so there can be a stutter depending on whether its a slow/fragged HD or if something else is accessing it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim Static said:
PS3
-time running out at the continue screen.

I still need to try beating the and the tourny. I had some family issues to tend to, but I will get on it tonight :D
FTR, MKT freezes in all the same spots on a PS3 that it does on PS2.