What's new

Question When do you cancel F2 into Trait command grab?

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
I'm having a lot of issues cancelling into the command grab off of f2 and I don't understand why. I can special cancel the f2 of all of his special but with his trait most of the time I'm getting the slash and is really annoying me. Please help

Thank You

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
When doing a slash with the trait, it will take x amount of time before the trait is ready to be used again. If you input the trait grab (db4 or d4) after a cancelable normal so that it is trying to come out (you have just buffered it or you input it frame perfect) on the 1st frame after trait has recovered from the slash, it will come out as a cancel. With slash-f2 xx trait grab, the timing looks something like this: slash (wait 0.1 sec) f2 xx db4 (as fast as possible).

Timing is different for different strings and normals. b1 xx trait grab is like this: slash (wait 0.3 sec) b1 xx db4 (as fast as possible). With strings you have to do something like this: slash->2 (hit 4 with one finger, then 2 as fast as u can after with another finger) 13 (this should follow as fast as possible too) db4 (as fast as possible too). The 213 part will take a while to complete, but as long as you input trait grab early it will still come out after the string.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Only strings and normals that are cancelable in to special moves or super. I naturally tried to cancel 11d2 in to grab for the low high, but this is not possible since the d2 isn't cancelable.

Also only grounded, so no f21u2 xx grab.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
4213d4 should be entered as fast as possible

The timing of 4 f2 d4 isn't easy and is different , takes time

ZOD ain't easy

The easiest cancel to get down IMO is 4 f21 d4 or 4 b12 d4