What's new

Whats your general gameplan for SG? Rushdown? Keep-away? Zone? Stay midscreen?

What style do you use with SG?

• Rushdown

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Defensively

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Zoning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay midscreen

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Keep Away

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Seems like Supergirl is a jack of all trades, an effective one, since the patch.

So how do you guys play? Unlike most of the cast seems like she can do kind of whatever style you want.

I like her rushdown aspects personally, jumping allover and keeping the pressure on. But if that doesn't work or I need to regroup i back up a bit and Zap away and b123 if they get too close.

And can anyone actually b12 breath instead of b123 upon a hit confirm?

I can hitconfirm into b123 or b12 breath or b12 dp.
I prefer to play defensively with her. More of like a space control character. Her offense is great no doubt but a lot of tech sg players find with her is not real. I like to find a lot of tech that stuffs wakeups so I can shimmy

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Pre-patch it was really frustrating trying to apply any type of pressure. After the buff she can actually get in people's faces without meter and it really helps a lot.

Generally I try to lame it out, stay full screen, build tiny bits of meter with whiffed air throws, and mix it up with ground and air lasers. Depends on the MU, against a lot of characters playing full screen is not great because she can only build a tiny bit of meter full screen and slowly, while many other characters can spam their projectiles or other specials and build more meter faster.

After feeling out the full screen against my opponent/character, I will play reactionary at first. Even though SG's B123 is now safe, her pressure still isn't the greatest. So against a lot of characters there's not much reason to initiate an offense, but it really just depends. So once they start approaching I start spacing them out and attempting to play footsies. Her neutral is pretty good and you have several options available. The problem is a lot of them are easily counterable so you have to really be on point with your reactions and predictions.

This is all just a general mindset I have. Every player and character is different and every match is different. But it's good to have at least a rough gameplan going in. The best advice I could give is to practice a bunch of different scenarios in training mode and your best options in these scenarios. So when these scenarios arrive you don't have to make it up on the fly. Kinda vague advice but it's a vague topic, lol.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah, honestly you can only hit confirm if the B1 hits, you can't hit confirm if the 2 in B12 hits.
right the low is the opener of the string and nobody is reacting to that. even when somebody says "hitconfirming" b1 its just a whiff punish at best. rarely can you actually hitconfirm something in nrs combo system almost discourages it shoutouts to being able to "hitconfirm" jump ins too i guess lul

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
even when somebody says "hitconfirming" b1 its just a whiff punish at best. rarely can you actually hitconfirm something in nrs combo system almost discourages it shoutouts to being able to "hitconfirm" jump ins too i guess lul
Yeah because of the combo system it's very hard to hit confirm anything. I've been saying this about B12/B123 and get told "nah you just have bad reactions".

Umm, okay.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Yeah because of the combo system it's very hard to hit confirm anything. I've been saying this about B12/B123 and get told "nah you just have bad reactions".

Umm, okay.
Agreed. That's why I fake breath after b12 and got for a teleport. High risk...yolo no nolo

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I sit in my living room and scream DONT DROP YOUR COMBO DONT DROP YOUR COMBO DONT DROP YOUR COMBO SUPERGIRL IS EASY DON'T DRO... WHY DID YOU DROP YOUR COMBO JESUS CHRIST JOHN THIS ISNT ROCKET STRATEGERY .

and then I mash b12 until the cycle repeats itself and I eventually log off, and go take a nap in my shower.