What's new

What's up with the Shrine

Malec

Noob
All the sudden I only get augments in the Shrine for 75k coins and I am still missing a lot of krypt gear tems, so what's up with that? I usually got an item nearly every time, now I am getting one gear item for 1 million coins spend?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I HATE the shrine... I would much rather pay actual $ for whatever skins/gear I want and then just play the goddamn game against OTHER PEOPLE. Instead I have to play ToT, which I don't even enjoy, to get the shit I want for my char.

Oh and by the way, ToT is really just Super Smash Bros. items put in a MK game. Who the F was sitting at his desk at NRS and said, "Hey, you know what would be fun? If we don't put Ermac in the game, but have him randomly tele-lift you in the middle of a fight while there's already missiles and ground saws flying at you. People are gonna love that."

edit: I know it’s not hard to avoid those, it’s just annoying.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
I HATE the shrine... I would much rather pay actual $ for whatever skins/gear I want and then just play the goddamn game against OTHER PEOPLE. Instead I have to play ToT, which I don't even enjoy, to get the shit I want for my char.

Oh and by the way, ToT is really just Super Smash Bros. items put in a MK game. Who the F was sitting at his desk at NRS and said, "Hey, you know what would be fun? If we don't put Ermac in the game, but have him randomly tele-lift you in the middle of a fight while there's already missiles and ground saws flying at you. People are gonna love that."

I wouldnt pay a freaking dime. After all the garbage that we had to go through even 1 cent/skin is too expensive. I gladly buy new stuff but everything on disk= i'd rather flush my money down the toilet.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

It was fun at first but it got stale fast. I like the event towers, but I really wish I could get specific skins and gear with time krystals. I was 100% sure it was going to be like that.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I've literally spent millions on gear and now it literally only gives me augments even though I'm still missing Krypt gear. I get one gear piece for every million I spend and it's just dumb.

What sucks is that I'm only missing ONE attainable gear piece for Kano at this point (Klassic Prime Redux).

I've just moved onto trying to get his skins for 100k. I'll just try to get lucky and find his last gear piece in Kronika Chests. They give gear more consistently than The Shrine at this point.

Last edited:
It sucks period.

A lot of gears/skins can’t be earned atm.

I’ve been in the krypt looking for Liu Kang’s “Young Justice” skin since day 0.

I have yet to see 1 player with it lol.

kevkopdx

Noob
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I've literally spent millions on gear and now it literally only gives me augments even though I'm still missing Krypt gear. I get one gear piece for every million I spend and it's just dumb.

What sucks is that I'm only missing ONE attainable gear piece for Kano at this point (Kano Prime Redux).

I've just moved onto trying to get his skins for 100k. I'll just try to get lucky and find his last gear piece in Kronika Chests. They give gear more consistently than The Shrine at this point.
Spoiler alert: $100k sometimes gives you random augments too

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It was fun at first but it got stale fast. I like the event towers, but I really wish I could get specific skins and gear with time krystals. I was 100% sure it was going to be like that.
I don’t even play towers that often, but I’m starting to get a lot of towers that I’ve already completed with no new rewards. Bummer.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I don’t even play towers that often, but I’m starting to get a lot of towers that I’ve already completed with no new rewards. Bummer.
I seem to have completed all of them. I never get anything new anymore, despite having so many skins and gear pieces remaining. Same with the Krypt.

wired

Noob
There's an item you can use that increases the chances of getting rare loot from the shrine. I think its the Naknadan Charm. See if that works.

Spektor

Noob
I have spent 5 or 6 million at Shrine to get two things: maskless Skarlet and Frost Diamondteeth mask. I got one of them at least haha.

wired

Noob
There's also the weird pods that appear on the ground sometimes with costumes. I wonder if you can only get some of the costumes that way and not through the shrine.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
They should have an additional rank system for each character, like Tekken does. Just make it numerical based, I couldn’t give a fuck. But each rank up with that char rewards you with a randomly chosen skin or gear piece that you do not have yet for them. When all the gear and skins run out, you can get coins/souls/hearts for ranking them up.

This game baffles me with some of its design choices. Though let’s be honest, they know what they’re doing and it’s a nefarious, shitty attempt at player retention.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
There's an item you can use that increases the chances of getting rare loot from the shrine. I think its the Naknadan Charm. See if that works.
I used maybe the 20 of those charms I had and got some skins out of the hunt, the results weren’t amazing but got skins or gear mostly every time.