What's new

What's the worst fatality in the entire MK series?

Blades

Noob
There are good fatalities like Liu Kang's Dragon Morph, but there are also crappy ones like Quan Chi's Neck Stretch. But out of all of those, which is the worst of the worst?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
This. People are always so quick to point out the neck stretch (which is just awful), but forget about this one
Also, let’s not forget about Kano in MKDC when all he does is jump on you lol
Liu's Fatality gave you his personality, story and his principles in the first game, in the second game he got angrier because he defended earthrealm and still got screwed over, which is why he started killing. While it isn't the greatest fatal ever, it still holds more validity then lets say Kanos stomach stomp lul.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Mk1 liu kang
Maybe some might not know this, but I remember reading this back in the early 90's when I was a kid, the reason back then Lui didn't kill anyone was because he was noble and follow the order of Shaolin. Hence his fatality. But that changed after lol.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Quan's neck stretch. Liu was a monk and was against killing. It perfectly represented his character. Plus can you even count that as a real fatality? Screen didn't fade or anything
Liu's Fatality gave you his personality, story and his principles in the first game, in the second game he got angrier because he defended earthrealm and still got screwed over, which is why he started killing. While it isn't the greatest fatal ever, it still holds more validity then lets say Kanos stomach stomp lul.
Maybe some might not know this, but I remember reading this back in the early 90's when I was a kid, the reason back then Lui didn't kill anyone was because he was noble and follow the order of Shaolin. Hence his fatality. But that changed after lol.
I agree it fit the story but 10 year old me after seeing heads ripped or uppercuted off spines dangling, hearts ripped out, heads exploding and people being burnt to death just leaving a skeleton...... flippy flippy kick uppercut was a wtf was that crap moment. It was disappointing.
As you all said it was cool on the pit though.

Mileena’s nail spitting is up there.
I personally think most of the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Fatalities were pretty poor.

Yup, that was exactly the reason. The screen doesn't turn dark either.

Art Lean

Noob
Mk3, umk3 and mk trilogy fatalities were the poorest designed fatal ever.
Then there are some bad ideas here and there during the 3d Era mks but the Mk3 Era finishers were veeeery bad!
Totally agree. The fact that such corners were cut with so many basic animations in particular is what makes so many so dreadful, like in MK1&2 where the bodies would fall to their knees then collapse after a decapitation, yet in MK3 they just cut up the sprite like a Monty Python animation. Absolutely awful, Rain’s splitting uppercut is without a doubt one of the absolute worst in my book.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'd say Kano's second MKX fatality. Where he just throws the knives and walks away. All the other weird and gross fatalities they had in this game, with a much higher budget, and they give this MK4 level fatality. Not funny, barely any of Kano's personality in it, and it looks lazy. Thinking back that's a lot of the MKX fatalities, which in hindsight I realize aren't all that entertaining.