What's new

Question - Takeda What's the timing for Flying feet?

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Flying Feet (F4) has a cancel advantage of 30 but I can't manage to cancel into anything. After 30 minutes trying different stuff I have to ask, how can I cancel from that?

I've been trying to do Tornado Strike/Kick most of the time since it has both an air and ground version, just in case I'm doing something wrong. Mashing the special doesn't work. And there's no information online either, so is it just me?

Alvhe Feleo

As explained here, the cancel value is the advantage you get if you cancel that move. It doesn't make sense that you get an advantage on a move you can't cancel for canceling it.

I think it's just something tricky like Possessed kenshi's ex DB1xx BF3.

Don't worry about it, you'll get confused when you wonder why grabs have block advantage.
Checkmate.

EDIT: Actually that makes sense, if you get blocked (most likely armor) you remain on negative frames. Quite common to see Quan Chis and Jasons armor up and stop your juggles and grabs.

Alvhe Feleo

27 buffs and they didn't give him one to cancel that crap into air specials? Anyway, I was never a fan of Takeda.

I'll probably try him again if they buff lasher.

Last edited:

Alvhe Feleo

lashers fine
You are 99.9% right, I just don't like it when a variation doesn't have any particular advantage over the rest.

It's probably because I haven't bothered to learn his stuff, but in the lab I didn't deal more damage, didn't have better mixups or had better setups than his other 2 variations.

SR has mobility and range and Ronin has setups and damage, if only Lasher had mixups or some particular advantage I'd be glad to try it out.
F4 has godlike range, had it's speed buffed, and is now +2.
Still hits high, has a 30-frame cancel advantage that doesn't let me cancel into anything (aside from X-Ray, which I rarely use) and doesn't lead into anything.

Good for poking because people won't expect that to give him the advantage, but nothing more than a gimmick.