What's new

Question - Ronin What's the point of Blade Drop? (Ronin)

Durango

Enhancer
I see it used as a main linker for combos. More specifically, it's the EX version. The input timing is difficult, and I'm not seeing much in the way of alternatives.

Is it simply used for extending combos despite the risk for dropped combos or does it have other practical uses?

When you have a blade on the ground you can cancel strings into Blade call to gain advantage, an example would be F12 2+4 cancelled into Blade call. The actual blade drop itself could be useful for armor breaking but I can't really think of anything else, since the Punch flurry is a hard knockdown and you get a guaranteed Blade drop.

Durango

Enhancer
Okay. I can manged combos with it, but I'm hoping to find simpler, yet efficient combos with Ronin Takeda without having to switch his style.

the blade drop makes everythjng in this variation . Works like a (frame advantage cancel ) ?? If it makes sence , the f 12, 2+3 can have him guess if u have the blade drop u have two options . Once blade is place on ground or u did a combo with that blade drops if leaves the opponent guessing if your going to summon it for a low , or continue with a f1,2 2+3 leading to over head . And with ronnin u have to control space . They say u can apply more pressure but your way better off defensive and keeping the person guessing