What's new

What's the most messed up scene you've ever played through in a VIDEO GAME?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I was thinking about MK's latest round of fatalities and thought about this for a bit, and the one that definitely stuck out as the hardest for me to sit through was definitely the torture scene in the first Outlast. So much that I'm not even willing to rewatch it for the sake of this thread lol

However, there were a few others that I thought over

Having to stick a needle through your own eye in Dead Space 2

(the baby/mother scene is also pretty fucked too)

Also, the Brazen Bull from Amnesia, and all the excerpts leading up to it. I can't really provide a video of it due to the way Amnesia tells it's flashbacks in snatches over the course of exploring an area, but when it's revealed what they did with that bull it made me sick to my stomach, especially since its based on a very TRUE story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull . Just reading the few sentences on how it was created was deeply unsettling for me :blk Hell most of this game was, but this is the part I remember with the most clarity

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Probably No Russians from MW2. It was so wild for it’s time back then it blew me away at that age as well. Not to mention it caused a huge shitstorm of controversy in the media

Just going to say that i was about to post this even before seeing this post, that shit was disturbed as hell and i felt it, my brother felt it, everyone who let them play felt this shit was wrong in all possible levels.

Spoilers if you haven't played The New Colossus

God. The whole scene is so fucking upsetting and unnerving. Machine Games really knows how to fuck with you.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
oh Wolfenstein is a good pick @Tony at Home , I only played The New Order so I won't watch or comment that one till I do, but even the first game had some moments.

In terms of gore, I agree Dead Space 2 had some great ones. That eye scene you linked to @God Confirm had me cringing as I have a phoebia for things in the eye! Also when Ellie gets her eye gouged out.

I also want to bring up psychologically disturbing scenes, since they might qualify here. BioShock has some great ones, like the twisted shit Cohen was doing to people. And his audio diary about wanting to take the "ears off..."

System Shock 2 has some great ones as well.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You didn't expect him to die.
Not really. It was pretty well telegraphed earlier plus the game is called Redemption not without a reason I guess ;)
Cool moment nonetheless.

Btw, looking at some of the moments you guys mentioned, I concluded that I'm totally desensitized to videogame (only videogame) violence.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Not really. It was pretty well telegraphed earlier plus the game is called Redemption not without a reason I guess ;)
Cool moment nonetheless.

Btw, looking at some of the moments you guys mentioned, I concluded that I'm totally desensitized to videogame (only videogame) violence.
Pretty sure seeing in videos and forums along with myself(During that time) on how shocked and upset the character went out like that.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
The scene where babies start coming out of Cleopatra/Lust during the boss battle. Not to mention the tongues instead of nipples. Creeped me out as a kid lol.