What's new

What's the Most Enjoyable Fighting Game You've Ever Played?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Or Fighters Megamix. You got to fight as the car from Daytona 500, or some giant cactus thing. That game had the best guest characters ever.
Lol man, I still remember that to this day. I used to get Next Generation Magazine, and the pre-release screenshots they had of that game captivated me as a kid.

Along with the other ‘wtf’ gaming curiosities of that era, like the black Yaroze Playstation, the Panasonic M2, and the Project X/Nuon. And the 64DD.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
UMK3
MK9
MKX (I started taking fighting games more seriously)
INJ2
And I am starting to get a lot more into capcom fighters, Third Strike is tons of fun and I plan on learning more.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy goes on this list. It was the first game i've bought for ME, and I think it was when i was like 9 yo or something?
Also SCV, who opened the door to competitive shit for me.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Oh man this is a awesome question. My most favorite fun 2D game...

Mortal Kombat 3.

Not UMK3 not Trilogy. MK3. It was just absolutely nothing but non stop fun. By far and wide my favorite Mortal Kombat game ever!!! The music. Was/is epic!!! The new characters. The game play of the new auto combos that you could do so many different things form MKII and at that time any other but fighting game at that time. But there was one thing that sold me.

The power kode.

To be able to extend the matches by reducing the damage given out was so cool. Long matches. Sore thumbs and salty wins and losses. Litterly nights blended into mornings on weekends from Friday night to Saturday night. Mortal Kombat 3 wasn't just fun. It was life. God I wish NRS would put the power Kode back in and Mercy as well.
Then followed by:
MKII
MKDA
MKD
MK9

The Streetfighter Alpha series. Iconic era of fighting game history defined by these titles and they are some of my most Streetfighter games in my life.

Streetfighter III Third strike. The music. The gameplay. The awesome characters. The bold step into the future for the story. The fact the game is super fun to play.

Tekken 3. By far my most favorite Tekken game of all time. I had played this game almost everyday in the arcades and bought 3 different games cause me and my brothers played the shit out of it until it was unrecognizable to read on the ps1 and 2.

Battle Arena Toshinden 2. Eiji & Gaia we're super fun to play in the arcades.

Soul Caliber 2. The game is epic. Too this day. I wish I could play this still.

And most of all....

Streetfighter EX plus Alpha.
Streetfighter EX plus Alpha 2
& Streetfighter EX plus Alpha 3
The very first 3D Streetfighter games and it only had the the iconic Streetfighter 2 and 2 more Alpha characters while the game had Akira's own fighting layer and new characters in the game since it was developed by Akira with Capcom's blessings. This was the game. The turning point and the moment I realized this the most fun I've ever had in my life playing a game. I can still say that 20+ years later Now nearly 20+ years later I can soon relive that Fighting EX Layer.

Awesome thread.

Sent from my Silicon Valley North Waterloo using Test Your Might mobile app

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Def Jam was technically more of WWE game not so much fighting per-se, but that game was fun I'll admit.