What's new

What's the deal with JK, HK, HK in the corner?

Derek

Noob
It's something I always seen in the Venezuelan matches in H. Smoke matches. Rather than doing 3 hit pop up, JK, RH, HK/LK they do 3 hit pop up, JK, HK, HK. Is this something that you can only do in Rev. 1.1? Since I can't seem to do it on the 360 version/1.2. It's just something I noticed and since there's not much in UMK3 I can't do, I was wondering what gives? Or is there some sort of trick to it?

I've been trying to do the 2 x HKs in the corner for a while now. I actually just did it for the first time the other night on XBL so it is possible on XBL. I did it against Pajaromayor so maybe he can vouch for me if he remembers me doing it. I was HS and he was either Kung Lao or Kabal. The jump kick was timed perfectly enough to hit him when he was at his zenith and then I just spammed the HK button and it hit twice. I then proceeded to lose the match and probably 10 consecutive matches.

Derek

Noob
I've done it with Kano numerous times against a lot of characters but I spent about an hour and a half trying to do two HKs with H. Smoke and got it about 6 times. I wanna know if it's easier to do in Rev. 1.1 or if I just need to work harder on the timing.

Derek

Noob
I believe it this combo: 2 hit pop-up, JK, HP, Spear, 3 hit pop-up, JK, HK, HK is like 51% So I assume that it's less than 2 hit pop-up, JK, HP, Spear, 3 hit pop-up, JK, RH, LK. I don't feel like getting on right now and trying it out again.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I sometimes do double HK with Sindel, or HK - LK, it just depends on my mood. Some characters can do it, some can't, some can do it to only some characters. It's a very limited usage concept. You want to make contact with the first HK as high as possible, and even if possible, towards the end of the tick for the HK's contact duration to give you that every couple frames you might need. You might want to try it in some Unmasked Sub-zero corner scenarios, like aaHP, freeze, aaHPHP, JK, HK, HK.

Side note: I removed the character post limit, it was never a problem before so it'll stay at 1 for now.