What's new

Whats the best variation between the two we hv right now

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
Hello kabalings jst wanted to here everyones thoughts on these two variations we have . Which one do u think is good between the two tournament variations .

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Kabal I think is one of the few characater with both variations viable. I can´t tell wich is better. Both has pros/cons.
One is better for zoning(low proyectile), other is better for close mixups (low grab). You have to choose what gamestyle you prefer. But, I repeat, I think both are well rounded and balanced

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
The first one- space control, dash cancel— everything you need. His low grab leads to no combo so you can just throw and get a KB for that. It’s all subjective though

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
Ok thanks guys coz am more into the one with dash canel . I was curious coz am seeing a lot of people using the one with low hook grab thanks again

Malec

Noob
Learning Kabal for 2 days now and I was leaning more towards Mean Streak, but I have zero success with it. Losing the diagonal air projectile bugs me, the low buzz saw seems useless, because it's so slow, I can't really benefit from dash cancels. I am a noob with Kabal, maybe it's just the harder variation.
Clean cut seems to fit me more, imo better air projectile, restand, only +2 on hit, but at least negates wakeup options, low hook isn't spectacular, but it's gives some form of mixup, even if I don't understand why you can't get the crushing blow, when you use it in an mixup blockstring like b1~low hook or f22~low hook

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Learning Kabal for 2 days now and I was leaning more towards Mean Streak, but I have zero success with it. Losing the diagonal air projectile bugs me, the low buzz saw seems useless, because it's so slow, I can't really benefit from dash cancels. I am a noob with Kabal, maybe it's just the harder variation.
Clean cut seems to fit me more, imo better air projectile, restand, only +2 on hit, but at least negates wakeup options, low hook isn't spectacular, but it's gives some form of mixup, even if I don't understand why you can't get the crushing blow, when you use it in an mixup blockstring like b1~low hook or f22~low hook
people keeping underrating the low buzzsaw. It is really good meterburned, you can just go for a soft mix off both his good buttons. In the corner it's an easy knockdown into more pressure, and the pushback makes it fully safe. D4 into MB low buzzsaw is a great "get off me" as well. It's a safe low that does decent damage, on a character that makes people block overhead a ton, I think it's quite good.

It's not as good as the downward air buzzsaw, but it's really just an added bonus on to the variation with ndc

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
people keeping underrating the low buzzsaw. It is really good meterburned, you can just go for a soft mix off both his good buttons. In the corner it's an easy knockdown into more pressure, and the pushback makes it fully safe. D4 into MB low buzzsaw is a great "get off me" as well. It's a safe low that does decent damage, on a character that makes people block overhead a ton, I think it's quite good.

It's not as good as the downward air buzzsaw, but it's really just an added bonus on to the variation with ndc
Low buzzsaw is punishable with or without meter. The opponent has to guess on whether or not you're going to use meter, but the mix up isn't really in Kabal's favor. The first low saw is punishable on block, and you kan jump after blocking the first low saw and then full kombo punish the second one.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think the low hook variation is better because of the downward saw. I think his downward saw just kontrols so much space; it kan be used to zone, stop advances in footsies, and beat out AAs. He also has a restand in that variation, and he has a 50/50 to klose out matches or get people once you have a good read on them (B1 into BF2 or B12). People kan't guess right forever. And even if you rarely go for that low, the idea of it, will make people block low eventually if you have thrown it out at least once.

His other variation is good but you kontrol things differently. I just think the benefits of it aren't better in most match ups. Like being able to kombo from full screen with an instant air saw which only works if they got hit and didn't trade with you. He kan use it to go over lows though, so it helps there (I'm thinking Geras, and maybe Cassie's non-true low shot). His NDC also allows him to maintain his offense even after getting blocked, but overall these tools don't help as much in neutral. One thing I am unsure of is how good zoning with all his tools kan be. If he kan really kontrol things (with zoning) between instant air saw, low saw, and regular saw, then this one might have the overall edge.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Low buzzsaw is punishable with or without meter. The opponent has to guess on whether or not you're going to use meter, but the mix up isn't really in Kabal's favor. The first low saw is punishable on block, and you kan jump after blocking the first low saw and then full kombo punish the second one.
Ive never had anyone do it to me yet, maybe in time people will start punishing it, even then as you said after already guessing the 50/50 they have to make a guess again on how to block it. At the very least its a million times safer than low hook.

he has a 50/50 to klose out matches or get people once you have a good read on them (B1 into BF2 or B12). People kan't guess right forever. And even if you rarely go for that low, the idea of it, will make people block low eventually if you have thrown it out at least once.
Both variations have this tho.

Malec

Noob
Ive never had anyone do it to me yet, maybe in time people will start punishing it, even then as you said after already guessing the 50/50 they have to make a guess again on how to block it. At the very least its a million times safer than low hook.

Low Buzzsaw comes out in 27 frames, low hook in 16. Mixing b1,2 and b1~low buzzsaw isn't a real mixup, cause the overhead is way faster. Either I am missing something or your argument isn't valid

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

The difference is that you kan fuzzy the low saw easily with practice, but you kan't do that as easily for the low hook. You kan even just react to the low saw because the start up is pretty slow.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
Low Buzzsaw comes out in 27 frames, low hook in 16. Mixing b1,2 and b1~low buzzsaw isn't a real mixup, cause the overhead is way faster. Either I am missing something or your argument isn't valid
yeah there's a 9f fuzzy, that doesn't invalidate it lol. Too many ppl think just cause something has an answer = bad tool. Kabal isn't a 50/50 character, nobody is going for the fuzzy every single time, this is a fairly safe way to mix people up when they are used to having to go another way. Plus If they are trying to ace the fuzzy, F2 is already a great stagger, so it lets you go into anything you want here if they are waiting for the low. Low Buzzsaw is a good tool, it's not as good as NDC but its the cherry on top

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think Clean Cut is better but not by a whole lot, it depends more on the character you're going up against. If the air straight buzzsaw didn't replace the air downward buzzsaw completely, Mean Streak would be the stronger variation IMO.

No guessing needed. You can time it so where you'll punish the normal one and hit them before the second one is out

Kabal I think is one of the few characater with both variations viable. I can´t tell wich is better. Both has pros/cons.
One is better for zoning(low proyectile), other is better for close mixups (low grab). You have to choose what gamestyle you prefer. But, I repeat, I think both are well rounded and balanced
i actually feel variation 2 is better for zoning, because the angled air buzzsaw, very strong tool.

kabal (variation 2) imo is high tier - 2nd best fatal blow in the game which is a huge deeal - 0 gaps 0 safe 9 frame mid which leads to mix - safe long range whiff punisher with pushback on block - safe advancing confirmable string in f22 - great space control with air downward buzzsaw. solid crushing blows.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Clean Cut is better by quite a margin. Diagonal buzz saw is a beast of a tool for controlling space, used effectively this single move will win you games. In addition to the diagonal buzzsaw he gains the restand, which has massive push back on block (resetting the neutral on block and allowing Kabal to zone), has better damage as a combo ender and eliminates your opponents wake up game. As if these two weren’t enough he has the low hook, which has a relatively easy kb requirement (11 low hook, 1 low hook, there’s no true 50 50 but b12 forces them to block high most of the time), and gives you an unfuzzy-able mixup that pushes your opponent full screen. Mean Streaks cancels aren’t plus enough to justify them imo, and since you’re using your defensive bar for the cancel your breakaway and wake up options suffer. For these reasons clean cut is definitely the superior variation.

Methysan

Noob
Clean Cut is better by quite a margin. Diagonal buzz saw is a beast of a tool for controlling space, used effectively this single move will win you games. In addition to the diagonal buzzsaw he gains the restand, which has massive push back on block (resetting the neutral on block and allowing Kabal to zone), has better damage as a combo ender and eliminates your opponents wake up game. As if these two weren’t enough he has the low hook, which has a relatively easy kb requirement (11 low hook, 1 low hook, there’s no true 50 50 but b12 forces them to block high most of the time), and gives you an unfuzzy-able mixup that pushes your opponent full screen. Mean Streaks cancels aren’t plus enough to justify them imo, and since you’re using your defensive bar for the cancel your breakaway and wake up options suffer. For these reasons clean cut is definitely the superior variation.

Would you say Kabal wants to be at range? I thought he was similar to Cassie in terms of play style but the Cassie forums told me he was rushdown??? His low hook pushes them super far, as does F4, 1+3 and his projectiles seem quite good.