What's new

Strategy - Smoke What's the best gameplan?

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
Hey guys. I been practicing all morning and I got my bnb down to the T. But before i jump into ranked online, what's the best gameplan to play smoke? Also with unsafe strings, how to I open up my opponents?

-Thanks guys:)

He actually has very safe strings.
-Vortex

-Bait attacks with your safe strings (Example: Do a plus or slightly negative string~fool opponent into thinking its their turn~EX fade~whiff punish)

-evade pressure with fade and punish

-Mix ups with fade Example; String into fade = netrual jump punch, EX fade~whiff punish, mix it up)

He's heavily meter dependent as well.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
He actually has very safe strings.
-Vortex

-Bait attacks with your safe strings (Example: Do a plus or slightly negative string~fool opponent into thinking its their turn~EX fade~whiff punish)

-evade pressure with fade and punish

-Mix ups with fade Example; String into fade = netrual jump punch, EX fade~whiff punish, mix it up)

He's heavily meter dependent as well.
Very helpful. Thanks bro!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Scott The Scot you main Smoke, whats the best gameplan bro? :DOGE
Keep the fuck out of there range. Use B21 mixups and staggers. Use F21 mixups and staggers when in closer range than B2. When you manage to get a punish/hitconfirm then you just go into vortex and mix them up. Smoke's great in this version of the game - I'd prefer MK9 Smoke but hey ho this works and I just need to accept it. Smoke can still play his keepaway but he can't just throw Bombs like MK9, he has to walk backwards then use B21 and play that game and use EX Smoke Away and backdash for invincibility to keep away. Anti-Air the shit outta these peeps with S1,S3,S4 and sometimes F1.

Smoke is great.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
Keep the fuck out of there range. Use B21 mixups and staggers. Use F21 mixups and staggers when in closer range than B2. When you manage to get a punish/hitconfirm then you just go into vortex and mix them up. Smoke's great in this version of the game - I'd prefer MK9 Smoke but hey ho this works and I just need to accept it. Smoke can still play his keepaway but he can't just throw Bombs like MK9, he has to walk backwards then use B21 and play that game and use EX Smoke Away and backdash for invincibility to keep away. Anti-Air the shit outta these peeps with S1,S3,S4 and sometimes F1.

Smoke is great.
Awesome thank you for the advice bro. Can't wait to use these gdlk tips