What's new

Question - Takeda what's his Best Variation now??

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
Ok I've been wondering what is Takeda best variation now ?? And Why is he still considered Top 5 Please explain in detail

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I would argue that all 3 are on the same playing field now.

Shirai Ryu has damage, hard-to-blockables and the ability to safely telecancel.

Ronin has zoning, pressure and the best footsie tools.

Lasher has added range, 50/50s and the best armor.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
What pressure does ronin have? Its all negative except one which is +1. But from what ive been hearing, apparently lasher is considered the best because of his dumb near safe 50 50s with low scoop. It may be..imo ronin is the worst though lol

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Ronin still has stuff with B1 staggers, the ex version of the projectile, F12 2+4 Kall back and more. Not as amazing as it was pre-patch, but I would argue it's better pressure than the other 2 variations and useful for some MUs.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
they fucked ronin's pressure with the dumbass callback nerf and the character overall took a massive hit due to the gap in their main pressure string. Wouldnt touch any variation of this character this patch tbh.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lasher also can introduce the element of doubt in your opponent by closing your gaps with whip trip, it allows you to start using f12 2+4 close kunai again without getting interrupted, he also has the best space control in the game, also all his mix ups are fuzzyable, they are just really really tight fuzzies, so it gets the illusion of a 50/50. But with the general meta shift and the universal nerfs to takeda helping lasher more than it hurts him, I would say lasher is extremely strong right now.

I would argue that all 3 are on the same playing field now.

Shirai Ryu has damage, hard-to-blockables and the ability to safely telecancel.

Ronin has zoning, pressure and the best footsie tools.

Lasher has added range, 50/50s and the best armor.
Lasher deal the same damage as SR and a lot more than Ronin It also has great footsie tools with his jump in and his low slash that cover a lot of space and low profiles high projectiles and can combo. Lasher also deal with the gap in f122+4 low kunai with low slash which is Barely punishable by most of the cast. LASHER IS TAKEDA BEST VARIATION NOW

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Unless something changed, I remember Shirai Ryu dealt more damage off F1 for no meter, got the most damage off the hard-to-blockable, and had easier hit confirms than Lasher. In the corner, things were more even, or in Lasher's favor.

Tweedy

Noob
Ronin is still really good, but Hayatei has been trolling about it heavily and people believe him. Not the best character but he's pretty good.

I was actually looking into Lasher and I don't understand how he's the next Alien or whatever. Maybe the same archetype; top 5 though? Gotta see it to believe it, is where i'm at.

But yeah, Ronin is still good because he has the best mid range in MKX with B11 and 21, safe 50/50s that no one is really going to react to with B2/B3, his D2 is one of the most reliable anti airs in the game, fast armor, a fast D1, good zoning, his spark doubles over as a safe special to end strings with, he can cash out with any combo. The character just has it all. Outside of his mid range he just lacks super dirt now imo.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Lasher is tops at the moment. However Ronin & SRyu are probably good for specific pinch MUs. Against Shinnock i aomehow do better with ronin than the other two variations. Might just be a me thing there though

Wigy

There it is...
Dont see why Shira riu is not very good people seem to keep saying otherwise.

Whats bad about him? Takeda didnt really get hit hard in the patch and stamina changes buffed his keep out and he actually has armour in shira riu now lol.

Would say ronin is definitely worse, how bad i have no clue.

Dont see why Shira riu is not very good people seem to keep saying otherwise.

Whats bad about him? Takeda didnt really get hit hard in the patch and stamina changes buffed his keep out and he actually has armour in shira riu now lol.

Would say ronin is definitely worse, how bad i have no clue.
I didn t see anywhere that Shirai Ryu was bad

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm not sure but if Lasher use df1, Mileena can roll punish through everything meterless that Lasher does right? Same for other fast reversals

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Was just curious. Don't see very many lasher users.
I moved on from mkx to guilty gear, vman is busy with work and school, and I'm not sure about the rest like @Pleasa or takgillo (I forgot what his full tym username is) I'm sure they still play, I basically just keep up to date with lasher so I can help out anyone who wants to learn anything about it.