What's new

Question - Takeda what's his Best Variation now??

hayatei

Noob
ronin is easily the worst, its a low mid tier variation now

shirai is prob the overall best and lasher being more of a match up based var

hayatei

Noob
Ronin is still really good, but Hayatei has been trolling about it heavily and people believe him. Not the best character but he's pretty good.

I was actually looking into Lasher and I don't understand how he's the next Alien or whatever. Maybe the same archetype; top 5 though? Gotta see it to believe it, is where i'm at.

But yeah, Ronin is still good because he has the best mid range in MKX with B11 and 21, safe 50/50s that no one is really going to react to with B2/B3, his D2 is one of the most reliable anti airs in the game, fast armor, a fast D1, good zoning, his spark doubles over as a safe special to end strings with, he can cash out with any combo. The character just has it all. Outside of his mid range he just lacks super dirt now imo.
i am not trolling and the best mid range thing is entirely wrong (that award goes to smoke free but ya). his midrange is nothing special and even though he has some good tools they don't mesh well together anymore which makes him quite weak in the current meta against about half the cast