What's new

What's Her Race Supposed to Be?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She is edenian, what are people from Edenia realm (now part of Outworld) that are similar to human on Earthrealm .... of course, Edenians have skin tone variations, the same way as us here on real life .... so, Jade could be similar to our egipcian or indian people, dark tone skin might being a subgroup race inside the Edenians, no problem with that .... the same way you can see that Edenians , some have white pupils eyes (Sindel and Tanya), and others, normal eyes (Kitana and Jade), so, just a genetic trace as the skin tone, nothing to worry about .... ;)

BTW I hate racists !! :mad:

Can we talk a moment about how calling people "person of colour" is actually pretty stupid and probably racist as well? All people have color lolz. It is like just trying to avoid the Word black as it is offensive to be black.
Anyway to your point, I do not think they have it set in Stone. They use edenian as a wildcard to turn them whoever the fuck they want in each game.
I always felt this way lol. It's a 1940's lingo put in a nice way. Coloured Person in reverse with Of in the middle. As far as the thread goes I don't know and don't care.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Can we talk a moment about how calling people "person of colour" is actually pretty stupid and probably racist as well? All people have color lolz. It is like just trying to avoid the Word black as it is offensive to be black.
Anyway to your point, I do not think they have it set in Stone. They use edenian as a wildcard to turn them whoever the fuck they want in each game.
As a black man, I would just like to let everyone know:

It has never been offensive to be black.

That is a concept created by poeple who were from a time when my people were enslaved in the Americas. They needed to dehumanize them in order to keep sympathy from the enslaved poeple.

Sadly, the effects of that prevail to this very day. You can see it in this thread. People find every excuse not to allow Jade to be seen as black, even though the actress who she's modeled after is in fact, a black woman. Somehow, it reduces her value in some people's minds. That's just sad. Sadly it's because of these residual effects from slavery that we as black poeple don't get to play by the same rules as everyone else. Example: I need to keep a picture of my licence and insurance on my cell phone in case I get pulled over. That phone is visible in my cup holder at all times while I drive.

God forbid I reach into my glove compartment for my wallet or insurance only to get shot for reasons such as, "He looked like he was reaching for a weapon."

At the end of the day, Jade's ethnicity does not really matter.

I know she's "Edenian" but I always thought the source of inspiration for her skin tone (MK9 and forward) was Southeast Asian (so Indian or Burmese or something)

Blade4693

VIVIVI
She is Edenian. Based on Kitana, Jade, Tanya, and Sindel we can conclude Edenia was a place like Earth in which Edenia has different races within it. It would explain why Kitana has Asian features and white skin while Jade and Tanya have darker skin tones.

So yeah, Edenian with dark skin that's all we know.