What's new

What's Her Race Supposed to Be?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
She is Edenian. That's it. We don't know much about Edenia but considering Kitana, Jade, and Tanya all have different skin tones it could have been a place like Earth where there are Edenians of all different skin colors and other features. Which would explain why Kitana has some facial features that look Asian with white skin, while Jade and Tanya have darker skin tones and don't share the same facial features.
maybe its because edenia has naturally high radiation levels and they are all radioactive FREAKS

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
That doesn't make the character black, Chloe Frazer from Uncharted is Indian but her face model is also her VA is white.
You're missing the point entirely. You guys are throwing around comments like, "she looks Arabic". Jade is modeled after the girl Lexi in the picture I posted. So if you can say Arabic, Colombian etc. then there is no reason others can't when her model is based on a black woman, not her voice actor alone. She's Edenian but based on a black woman in MK11.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I mean if you want the simple answer then yeah, she's black because of her model. There's A difference between speculating a race (Arabic, Columbia ect) and confirming based on opinion. I'll continue to interpret her as racially ambiguous because that's also how others view her, but no one is saying she can't view her as black. Kinda the point of this thread.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
She's an Edenian, like Kitana. She reminds me a bit of Farah (Prince of Persia), which is closer to Iranian/Persian origin.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I always interpreted Jade as being Arabic but ever since 11 some p pl say she's black? I'm happy either way, as long as she's a person of colour, just curious.
This is just a debate, not trying to instigate a lore-war.
Edenian. She's not from Earth the way Johnny is white or Jax is black so her race is not really a thing by our Earth standards. I'm fairly sure Edenia has its own ethnicities because of how its humans have various features, and of course it has different races like the oshtekk or the tarkatans, but I don't think it's ever been fleshed out in lore beyond that. I've never seen it mentioned in the early comics either.

I always interpreted Jade as being Arabic but ever since 11 some p pl say she's black? I'm happy either way, as long as she's a person of colour, just curious.
This is just a debate, not trying to instigate a lore-war.
Can we talk a moment about how calling people "person of colour" is actually pretty stupid and probably racist as well? All people have color lolz. It is like just trying to avoid the Word black as it is offensive to be black.
Anyway to your point, I do not think they have it set in Stone. They use edenian as a wildcard to turn them whoever the fuck they want in each game.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I dont know what her race is but she is by far the hottest female in the game. She reminds me of Zoe Saldana.15262

Last edited: