What's new

What's happening here?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
So a guy at my local just picking up the game asks me if time freeze or whatever that move Geras has is unblockable. I say no, there really aren't that many unblockable moves in MK 11. Maybe it's an ability I don't know about? So he records this video of it happening to him several times. I don't know if this was against AI or who is controlling who, etc.

It seems like one hell of a glitch, though.

https://streamable.com/52df9

REO

Undead
The Noob Saibot player let go of block literally the frame before Geras' B,F+1 connected. That's why it looks like he's still in the "blocking" animation.

It's just visuals. You can replicate this in practice mode.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
The Noob Saibot player let go of block literally the frame before Geras' B,F+1 connected. That's why it looks like he's still in the "blocking" animation.

It's just visuals. You can replicate this in practice mode.
This seems reasonable, but the guy swears he was blocking, and it clearly wasn't a one off event. He's new to the game though, and I think mostly plays anime. I'm wondering if this is possibly a hardware error or simply unfamiliarity with a block button.

DeftMonk

Noob
This seems reasonable, but the guy swears he was blocking, and it clearly wasn't a one off event. He's new to the game though, and I think mostly plays anime. I'm wondering if this is possibly a hardware error or simply unfamiliarity with a block button.
I was thinking same thing reo said but it seemed to happen a lot so I wasn't sure and immediately blamed h4x lool