What's new

Whats a sweep?

NOTE: I searched for it but found nothing, but i mightve missed something, do if theres already an open topic regarding this, please post the link.

Im not 100% familiar with MK move terminology, i cant figure out what a sweep is.
And why is Sonya considered a master of sweeps?

Tim Static

Adminerator
1) Sorry, but I thought everyone knows how to do a MK sweep. Hold away & tap LK. Thats it.

2) Sonya is a very good sweeper, but Kano is top tier in that department.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sonya Kano and Jax all have the same sweep frame data, Kano has the most options, Jax has the most pratical potential damage, Sonya has the best collision properties around the sweep itself (ducking LK-sweep mix ups)

While we're on the subject of rather comic questions, what exactly is a popup? As launchers are still considered launchers I don't think that's what they could be; from what I understand it's either another name for an OTG combo, or an uppercut spliced in with a pre-programmed combo? Am I right or otherwise what is it?

oBryant

Noob
While we're on the subject of rather comic questions, what exactly is a popup? As launchers are still considered launchers I don't think that's what they could be; from what I understand it's either another name for an OTG combo, or an uppercut spliced in with a pre-programmed combo? Am I right or otherwise what is it?
launchers = pop ups

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah the terms are basically interchangable. In Capcom Vs Series games, they are more often called launchers. Re-launcher in UMK3 is generally reserved for multiple pop ups in one combo.