What's new

What's a good strategy with Reptile?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Read through it. Basically everything you need to know.

Also try the search function near the top center, and type in Reptile Strategies. There are alot of them floating around, so dont be suprised if this one is closed.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Read the guide and ask about specific things to be elaborated on if you want, otherwise it's hard to just say "What's a good strat" because it depends on the opponent. You can't play the same vs every character.

Droopy

Noob
This is the best strat with reptile- Go invisible and dont let your man touch you for 99 seconds. Impossible feat i say!

I've been playing Reptile lately and starting to get better. My only problem is Reptile's elbow dash cancel. I've gotten two off so far but it nearly cost me. From what I've seen, forceballs are the way to go.

I've been playing Reptile lately and starting to get better. My only problem is Reptile's elbow dash cancel. I've gotten two off so far but it nearly cost me. From what I've seen, forceballs are the way to go.
it nearly cost you wtf are you talking about this is the way it sounds you play like

jump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kick jump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kick

jump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kick jump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kickjump kick jump kick jump back jump kick try and throw out a special move fail 3 times then forceball jump kick jump kick
I use that combo, too.

I have the exact same problem with Repy. His elbow cancels are to hard for me. But I can say im average with him. I usually set people up for the Pop up, force ball, hp hp, jk , slide.

learn to zone and rush with the orbs. Learn to bait people into aahp with the orbs. I rarely jump when I play as rep. I like to just zone with orbs rush and bait people into aahp. Just tap forward forward, make them think you are going to toss an orb, wait for the jump then aahp and combo. You can play a lot of mind games with rep. Reptile rocks he's my favorite umk3 char!

UMK3 on XBox 360

I was wondering if anyone could help me on this one. I got a XBox360 yesterday mostly to be able to play UMK3 online. I am very impressed with the online play apart from one thing. Whenever I played online the arena almost never changed. It was Scorpion's Liar and the stage above that (when uppercut) only. Why is this???

Also, you start from scratch after every fight. I'm used to playing MK2 on PS3 and there you can see your wins in a row like on the arcade machine. Is starting from scratch on UMK3 online not the reason why the background arena is always the same.

Any ideas please lads?? Please let me know.

I'm always up for UMK3 online - just need to get used to the XBox controller which I'm struggling with at the moment (PS controller so much better)

dubson

Noob
Whenever I played online the arena almost never changed. It was Scorpion's Liar and the stage above that (when uppercut) only. Why is this???
It is a glitch in the port. If you want to go to another level you need to put the level code in before the match starts.

Also, you start from scratch after every fight. I'm used to playing MK2 on PS3 and there you can see your wins in a row like on the arcade machine.
If you played a ranked match, it is only a 1 match deal.

If you go to the player matches, you can join multi person games (up to 4 people) and it shows your win count in the lobby and how many wins in a row.

p.s. These questions have nothing to do with Reptile ;)

Umk3

Thanks for your reply Dubson - sorry that I just changed the subject, but this bothered me and your answer is quite a surprise to me.

So you're saying that stage codes will have to be put in before every fight??? That is very annoying and both players need to do that, right? Has it always been like this and how do you guys normally deal with it???

dubson

Noob
Thanks for your reply Dubson - sorry that I just changed the subject, but this bothered me and your answer is quite a surprise to me.

So you're saying that stage codes will have to be put in before every fight??? That is very annoying and both players need to do that, right? Has it always been like this and how do you guys normally deal with it???
The only other option is unlocking the 3 hidden characters (and thats a whole other deal, getting them to be saved) and after, you can play on the Human Smoke level (the one with the purple outworld background) and trust me when I say it is much easier on the eyes. I would rather play on this level than Scorpion's Lair for hours at a time any day. And it becomes the default level as long as you have them unlocked.

Otherwise, you just have to put in the codes. Play with your mic in and/or play with friends, so you can play on whatever level you want.

But yeah, it is kind of annoying. Not that big of a deal though.