What's new

What's a good combo off of Kitana's fan lift?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
TheGreg said:
Kitana was so awesome in MKII. It's pretty gay how they fagged up the fan lift.

Anyway, does anyone know what the rules are on the fan throw? How many hits before they're disabled, or is it timed?
Ehh, I found both fan lifts are relatively the same for the most part I mean, both do the same thing virtually, both are a risk to begin with if you miss because it's incredibly punishable and she's left wide open.

Her easy MK 2 combo did insane damage and it was so easy, lift, JK, fan, JK near wall or lift, hp, jk, square punch etc.

Nice video btw on the UMK3 video Kitana combo, wow. :eek:

MKF30 said:
TheGreg said:

Anyway, does anyone know what the rules are on the fan throw? How many hits before they're disabled, or is it timed?
Ehh, I found both fan lifts are relatively the same for the most part I mean, both do the same thing virtually, both are a risk to begin with if you miss because it's incredibly punishable and she's left wide open.

Her easy MK 2 combo did insane damage and it was so easy, lift, JK, fan, JK near wall or lift, hp, jk, square punch etc.

The differences with the fan lift, in MK2 you could pull it out as they're jumping at you. In UMK3 you have to do it early or you get kicked. Also, if you miss with the lift in UMK3, you're stuck there for about an hour. MK2 only left them about 3-5 seconds to hit you with something. Plus the obvious one about damage protection.

Also, the corner combo I used to do in MK2 was lift, JK, JK, fan, JK, HP, Sq.Wave, sweep(blockable). There's probably a better one than that, though. Kitana's JK, JK was awesome.

ded

Elder God
TheGreg said:
Also, the corner combo I used to do in MK2 was lift, JK, JK, fan, JK, HP, Sq.Wave, sweep(blockable).
that combo is not possible in mk2 - the aahp, wave punch after jk

ded_ said:
TheGreg said:
Also, the corner combo I used to do in MK2 was lift, JK, JK, fan, JK, HP, Sq.Wave, sweep(blockable).
that combo is not possible in mk2 - the aahp, wave punch after jk
I forget what it was, I'll let you know when I get my MK2 cabinet working (in 20 years). At any rate, ending it with uppercut, sweep was about 99% damage, that's the best I could ever pull off in that game. Again, the sweep was blockable, though.

My point was there's a huge difference between MK2 and 3's fan lift, around 68% difference.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
TheGreg said:
MKF30 said:
TheGreg said:

Ohh yeah man I know that, the fan move was definitely better in MK2 vs. UMK3 but it's nothing incredibly drastic IMO.

Yeah, she's left open for less time in MK2 but it's still open none the less. If you have someone with a good projectile or subby for example=good opportunity for damage.

I'm guessin they changed the lift in UMK3 due to the fact of balance and faster gameplay?

Just a guess, I'm sure shock, ded know exactly why though.

The differences with the fan lift, in MK2 you could pull it out as they're jumping at you. In UMK3 you have to do it early or you get kicked. Also, if you miss with the lift in UMK3, you're stuck there for about an hour. MK2 only left them about 3-5 seconds to hit you with something. Plus the obvious one about damage protection.

Also, the corner combo I used to do in MK2 was lift, JK, JK, fan, JK, HP, Sq.Wave, sweep(blockable). There's probably a better one than that, though. Kitana's JK, JK was awesome.