What's new

What would you guys like to see in the next balance patch for Jax?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The only thing I want Jax to get is a slight buff on his f4 on block. Maybe not +6 like it used to be, but a +3/4 would be nice.

That or make f42 jail on block.

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
That or make f42 jail on block.
You will never get that. That's would be ridiculous. His F4 is a mid, so basically you hit them on block whether they duck or stand - And then u want the fallow up 2 to jail - which would leave you at +9. That's crazy to even think about that, SaSSo.

Only thing JAX really needs is his D1,2 string end up in a MID, rather than High. That way Jax's tick throw game would become much better and scarier. Well and maybe F4 being +2 instead of +1. Since in online that +1 doesn't even feel like a plus (atleast to me).

But tbh Im okay the way Jax is now. I think he's Fine, at first I was MAD angry that they removed some of his tick throws like F33, F2, 22 but you can still do good ticks from D1/D3 and D12 (not so much) because his F2 mixup into whatever is really fking good. You just gotta work harder for it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You will never get that. That's would be ridiculous. His F4 is a mid, so basically you hit them on block whether they duck or stand - And then u want the fallow up 2 to jail - which would leave you at +9. That's crazy to even think about that, SaSSo.

Only thing JAX really needs is his D1,2 string end up in a MID, rather than High. That way Jax's tick throw game would become much better and scarier. Well and maybe F4 being +2 instead of +1. Since in online that +1 doesn't even feel like a plus (atleast to me).

But tbh Im okay the way Jax is now. I think he's Fine, at first I was MAD angry that they removed some of his tick throws like F33, F2, 22 but you can still do good ticks from D1/D3 and D12 (not so much) because his F2 mixup into whatever is really fking good. You just gotta work harder for it.
Uh yeah, I completely forgot that f42 was +9 on block. Obviously that should be nerfed to the ground if they decide to make f42 jail.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk

But f42 should be NC imo, not cool to do f42 only to get punished coz 2wiffs. I agree about tick throws, he would be little busted if he still had tick from f33 or f2. Its still great, opponent does something thats safe, grab, respects f33 or the mix after f2, grab. When opponent is beond frustation to those grabs and starts neutral duck, oh boy. I would like that hes d12 to be ncc where u can cancel to Gotcha and it would work like in mkx but then it should stay mid high but I would be Also more than ok if teyd change the 2 to mid but not both

Last edited:

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
I prefer having a +2 mid than having a +9 which is a second hit in a string and a high . That +1 F4 is useless , we have an 8F down 1 and standing 1 , characters like black have 6F down 1 I can't even trade with him what's the point on that maybe am missing something can here , someone tell me what u guys do after a blocked F4 coz I get picked out a lot .?

DarthSatan666

Rock, Paper, Nut Punch
someone tell me what u guys do after a blocked F4 coz I get picked out a lot .?

Sadly, I block. That one frame usually doesn't mean shit online with most connections. When I do use it. It's just to move forward slightly and keep them honest about their range

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ

Sadly, I block. That one frame usually doesn't mean shit online with most connections. When I do use it. It's just to move forward slightly and keep them honest about their range
It will b nice if they changed it to atleast +2 or +3 it can be useful that way .

I hardly use it but do F33, it makes it 8 frames right? If they don’t respect it do a d1 instead so now it’s 6 frames. They start blocking again and you can now do what you want

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
I hardly use it but do F33, it makes it 8 frames right? If they don’t respect it do a d1 instead so now it’s 6 frames. They start blocking again and you can now do what you want
If their d1 is 7f it will come out 6f faster than jax's which will be a frame late than that there is no advantage on that F4

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
f4 has weird range where it can whiff on crouching opponents sometimes. So I think it should reach just a little bit more consistently, b32 special cancelling would just be a gift imo. GP considering it's no longer unblockable should be slightly faster since it's way too slow for a low. removing the gap in f33 would be really nice but idk if the community would survive a buff like that. maybe one more tick throw option would be nice (like b1) and d12 ACTUALLY COMBING cuz rn it doesn't for a starter so it would be a QoL thing. Honestly these would be more luxury changes than anything else cuz he's honestly fine

Enenra-Kitsune

If it's a bad pun, damn right I'm gonna say it
Personally I'd like to see Briggs barricade go into it's absorb faster. I face alot of projectile tossers and it seems like just a bad option over closing the gap yourself. Maybe make F4 not -6 when hitting ducking opponents? Probably just a me thing though lol
I'm in the same boat though Jax aside from some small things with him is good where he stands.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hmm, Idk, I'd like something that launches in Hunker Down other than full charge B2 KB.

I can only stagger F33 and F2 so much. lol

EDIT:

Or maybe add a new tournament variation (I don't like Grinnin' Barrett). I'd like to try some of his other moves.

ATIWAB

Noob
Hmm, Idk, I'd like something that launches in Hunker Down other than full charge B2 KB.

I can only stagger F33 and F2 so much. lol

EDIT:

Or maybe add a new tournament variation (I don't like Grinnin' Barrett). I'd like to try some of his other moves.
S4 launches
B1 launches
D2 KB launches
U2 wakeup launches

Last edited:

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Anyone who thinks jax’s fatal blow is fine with that stupid unreactable start up while its an armored move well, is stupid.