What's new

What would it take for Xbox 360 fightsticks to work on Xbox One in MKX?

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
Obviously everyone's heard the news about officially licensed PS3 fightsticks working on PS4 in MKX, but what about Xbox 360 to Xbox One fightstick compatibility? Since we know that NRS is using Lab Zero's USB driver to provide this functionality I had a few questions that hopefully some people could chime in on:

1. I've heard in several other posts that creating a USB driver is not rocket science but if that's the case then why hasn't someone created one for Xbox One?
  2. If someone else provided a driver to NRS, could they then include it as a post release patch for MKX?
  3. Would a USB driver be something that Microsoft has to approve, even if it works?

Tim Static

Adminerator
There is no software solution for NRS to use to make it work. Trust me, if they could, they would have. Blame MS, not NRS.

Mr. Yutani

There is no software solution for NRS to use to make it work. Trust me, if they could, they would have. Blame MS, not NRS.
I see. So then how does Red Octane plan on supporting Xbox 360 peripherals on Xbox One for Rock Band 4? They said they would try, but I wonder if publicly making that statement just saves face for them, putting the ball in Microsoft's court even though they really don't have a plan for backwards compatibility.

I see. So then how does Red Octane plan on supporting Xbox 360 peripherals on Xbox One for Rock Band 4? They said they would try, but I wonder if publicly making that statement just saves face for them, putting the ball in Microsoft's court even though they really don't have a plan for backwards compatibility.
Honestly, i'm worried about this as well. I use IONS for RB and I really want to be able to use them for RB4 but it's looking pretty grim at the moment :/

Tim Static

Adminerator
I think that they're trying to make it possible, but in regards to RB4, I certainly hope I can use my old Guitar Hero 2 explorers for RB4 on Xbox One LOL

I don't think it will work out in the end tho. It sucks but it happens. You best bet is to get your stick modded. It's pricey but I can tell you for absolute FACT, Matt @gummo does godlike work. You'll swear it's done from a factory lol. I just had him dual mod my stick for X1 & PS4 and it's SO worth it. Pricey but quality deserves the money.

I think that they're trying to make it possible, but in regards to RB4, I certainly hope I can use my old Guitar Hero 2 explorers for RB4 on Xbox One LOL

I don't think it will work out in the end tho. It sucks but it happens. You best bet is to get your stick modded. It's pricey but I can tell you for absolute FACT, Matt @gummo does godlike work. You'll swear it's done from a factory lol. I just had him dual mod my stick for X1 & PS4 and it's SO worth it. Pricey but quality deserves the money.
the explorer was so much better compared to the shitty les pauls. I think it's because they were wired, but I went through at least like 2 gh3 les pauls but my old ass gh2 explorer still works to this day.

Mr. Yutani

Isn't the solution @chemist4hire posted the only sound way to go about it at the moment?
Very interesting. I might look into it although the only reason why I want backwards compatibility is to play my PDP MK TE stick on MKX. I actually have a MadCatz KI TE2 stick for Xbox One (got it for a good price used) but I really want to play MKX on the PDP stick.

Last edited:

Mr. Yutani

Honestly, i'm worried about this as well. I use IONS for RB and I really want to be able to use them for RB4 but it's looking pretty grim at the moment :/
Thats why I was somewhat surprised at the statement they made. They said they would try but....why say that if you basically know that Microsoft will eventually say no create new peripherals?

Thats why I was somewhat surprised at the statement they made. They said they would try but....why say that if you basically know that Microsoft will eventually say no create new peripherals?
I mean, maybe they will find a way around it but it's very unlikely. They probably said that just to soften the blow when they eventually do come out and say "Yeah guys, we tried but there was no possible way to do it" or something. Just my guess

Mr. Yutani

Modding might be a little excessive in my case. I really want to use the PDP MK TE stick for MKX, since I haven't really been able to use it for anything other than MK9 and the MK arcade collection. I kinda regretted buying it at first but i eventually learned to appreciate it for what it is, a dedicated MK stick.

Mr. Yutani

I mean, maybe they will find a way around it but it's very unlikely. They probably said that just to soften the blow when they eventually do come out and say "Yeah guys, we tried but there was no possible way to do it" or something. Just my guess
I hope not, but at least they're letting you reuse your old Rock Band DLC which I have a lot of.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
I use titan one (the new Cronus max) on tournament mode and its a god send. I love the PDP mk stick! Can't use it for ps4 but 360 sticks work seamlessly on xbone.

Mr. Yutani

I use titan one (the new Cronus max) on tournament mode and its a god send. I love the PDP mk stick! Can't use it for ps4 but 360 sticks work seamlessly on xbone.
Yeah for MK the PDP stick is great. I actually replaced the stock HAPP parts with genuine IL parts and now its even better :)

I'll think about the titan one/cronus max. But I do have some soldering experience so maybe I'll try to build the USB converter instead.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Yeah for MK the PDP stick is great. I actually replaced the stock HAPP parts with genuine IL parts and now its even better :)

I'll think about the titan one/cronus max. But I do have some soldering experience so maybe I'll try to build the USB converter instead.
Yeah I got a eurostick and iL convex buttons with all cherry micros...I just have to use it for mkx
For $60 the titan one is the shiznit. Hell I even modded my injustice stick so I could play KI through the T1. Its updatable too