What's new

What would a sterotypical Up/Downplayer say about your character?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Title says it all, what would a sterotypical Up/Downplayer say about your character? For example:

Character: Killer Frost
Upplayer
"Safe low slide from 3/4 screen, one of the best characters in the game"
etc

Downplayer
"Free to jump back, very poor character"
etc

I just thought this would be a fun thing to do. It would be cool if we had characters from MK9 and Injustice, however I didn't know where to put the thread so I chose the more recent game.

@TheCommunity

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Doomsday(this is easy)
-up player
All he has to really do is d1 es.
He always gets in for free
Es is unbelievably stupid online
Dawg..do you even know combos?
-down player
Trait is a bill
Can't do much without meter
If you can block es what do you really have?
Little combo potential
You get parried in trait..lawlz

BRUTALITY

Banned
lex sucks, slow, shitty dash/backdash, god of startup frames, startup on everything, trait increases damage taken if hit while starting up/cancelling, floaty stupid jump, no damage, setups are easy to avoid when you know them, slow everything, eats zoning all day - all round shitter

Scott The Scot

lex sucks, slow, shitty dash/backdash, god of startup frames, startup on everything, trait increases damage taken if hit while starting up/cancelling, floaty stupid jump, no damage, setups are easy to avoid when you know them, slow everything, eats zoning all day - all round shitter
I was going to pick up Lex but screw that now, you've totally put me off... I think I'll pickup Aquaman or Batgirl, heard they were okay :DOGE

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I haven't seen Grundy upplayers for a while.
Or maybe I've seen, but they were saying things typically reserved for downplayers, so I couldn't tell.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Upplayers are generally people that don't even use the character. That being said I still think Batman is top-tier based on the principle that when he has trait it's a one player game especially seen as the game has evolved beyond overpowered set-up spam and people actually play footsies

*Tear shed for Killer Frost* No way she couldn't be Top 5 with a safe advancing low launcher which also doubles up as an invincible wake-up. In any other game a character with Killer Frosts slide would be really good but the restrictions she has in a game like Injustice just makes her irrelevant

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Flash upplayers be like: this broke he get in for free punishes for 60 percent and his mixups are inescapable and its always a 50 50

Normal flash players:
He doesnt get in for free he doesnt get 60 percent more like 52 which is still good his d2 is overrated cant aa half the cast lu gets floaty jumps we have options for everything but people blow it out of proportion

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott The Scot

Flash upplayers be like: this nigga broke he get in for free punishes for 60 percent and his mixups are inescapable and its always a 50 50

Normal flash players:
He doesnt get in for free he doesnt get 60 percent more like 52 which is still good his d2 is overrated cant aa half the cast lu gets floaty jumps we have options for everything but people blow it out of proportion
You're saying a normal Flash player IS a downplayer? Flash community confirmed downplayers :DOGE

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Flash upplayers be like: this nigga broke he get in for free punishes for 60 percent and his mixups are inescapable and its always a 50 50

Normal flash players:
B22 sonic pound mb, lk x 4 b22f3 lk = about 61%
His don't can only not anti-air a few characters if you time it right. Stop downplaying.

I think its having the knowledge and experience of playing a character that gives a different opinion for each person. Flash is actually just an average character, he has some extremly punishable moves, and his backdash can be caught easily. But on the other end he can turn small combos into bigger combos with his trait.....and again his trait takes TWENTY SECONDS to recharge....sooo he is a pretty even character.....after all, even with the ability to do 60% damage when an opponent gets opened up, on knock-down it is merely a guessing game.....usually involving the same mix-ups from every high level flash player. Just learning how a character fights can help someone determine what a person thinks about the character.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
O
I think its having the knowledge and experience of playing a character that gives a different opinion for each person. Flash is actually just an average character, he has some extremly punishable moves, and his backdash can be caught easily. But on the other end he can turn small combos into bigger combos with his trait.....and again his trait takes TWENTY SECONDS to recharge....sooo he is a pretty even character.....after all, even with the ability to do 60% damage when an opponent gets opened up, on knock-down it is merely a guessing game.....usually involving the same mix-ups from every high level flash player. Just learning how a character fights can help someone determine what a person thinks about the character.
probably should delete that as you're not quite a high level flash you're nice but you're not good y'know also this makes virtually no sense so yeah.

O
probably should delete that as you're not quite a high level flash you're nice but you're not good y'know also this makes virtually no sense so yeah.
I only have major problems fighting ur flash for some reason.....idk why, but I can hang with Zyphox or Honeybee.......I just need to play u more so that I can adjust. And I meant that every character has some type of gimmick or setup that may make them overpowered, but instead of buffing everyone in the game besides MMH and Batgirl, how about we just nerf MMH and Batgirl a little bit so that there isn't a desire for every character to have the exact same type of bull crap that those 2 characters have. In other words, make everyone mid tier instead of trying to buff every single character in the game

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I only have major problems fighting ur flash for some reason.....idk why, but I can hang with Zyphox or Honeybee.......I just need to play u more so that I can adjust. And I meant that every character has some type of gimmick or setup that may make them overpowered, but instead of buffing everyone in the game besides MMH and Batgirl, how about we just nerf MMH and Batgirl a little bit so that there isn't a desire for every character to have the exact same type of bull crap that those 2 characters have. In other words, make everyone mid tier instead of trying to buff every single character in the game
Its about up and downplaying not the shit you're saying lol.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
@Zyphox @HoneyBee