What's new

Question - Johnny Cage What/who is johhny cage????

Cage does two things well.

1. He has above average to great damage
2. He is funny

Is he a rush down character???
If so, why??

1. Is his mobility weak??
2. Is his best normal(f3) unsafe and unhit confirmable in 1 var., requires 1 mimic which takes forever to get back(tbh stunt double is his best variation imo because of this)Costs half a bar of stamina and merely grants a f3 which can be armored backdashed, and leads to not much
3. Does he have 0 true mixups?? ( which I'm fine with, but in the context of this game that is very weak considering other chars have them and they aren't even in the rush down niche) 113 into f2 is a reactable gimmick, and can be osed out of also
4. Is his fastest move an 8 frame d1( hey Kano, let me bend over real quick for ya, there ha go)
5.are half his Normals trash and relatively useless( I hate normals with little to no intended purpose)
6.are his force balls plus 4, and his fastest normal is 11 frames outside of pokes, which can be osed or counterpoked easily.
7. is his neutral jump unable to reach other neutrals jumps, his uppercut also, and his f3 can't be hit confirmed on anti air because it has horrible recovery meaning he has to walk backwards and flash kick. His f4 is kinda poopie too. His flip kick literally practically goes backwards

Well it seems he's not a rushdown character so

Is he a zoner... Then why

1. Does quan chis bat pop out every millisecond but cages stunt double seems to go on a hiatus to the bars and shows up late.
2. Does his stint double forceball have like nothing special at at all and the mb version is pretty uninteresting
3. Well, his reg balls aren't that bad but I mean he's no Kano, in anyway as a matter of fact.

Is he a footsies char then why??

1. Does he walk backwards like he has like a gimp with a stick shoved up his ass, making him unable to setup whiff punishes
2. Can he not anti air?
3. Bother playing footsies when you can neutral jump predictably

I figured out who he is Guys, he's cassies dad

Biologic

Noob
While the thread I'm creating isn't finished I'd love for you to take a look at it(johnny cage stunt double guide); http://testyourmight.com/threads/johnny-cage-stunt-double-guide.51180/

I feel as though I understand a lot of things about cage that people don't yet, and again, just to reiterate, this thread is unfinished, there are a lot of other things I'm going to add that will tilt the scales in Johnny's Favor

This thread was still hilarious though, love the ending

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't know who "Johhny Cage" is, but Johnny Cage seems decent at the scenarios mentioned in the OP.