What's new

What universe would you like to see become a fighting game?

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
With all the guest characters getting stacked into KPs, its hard to tell if MK has it's own universe anymore. The roster is like going to a Disney theme park. If you walk 100 feet in any direction, you'll be in a completely different intellectual property. I get the appeal guest characters are supposed to have, but when everyone is hyped out on Jason v. Leatherface, Alien v Predator, or Terminator v Evil Dead, then you lost the lore/appeal of the series. If NRS is really going to favor WB properties over MK properties, then this might as well be SMASH, even though SMASH seems to have more common threads as at least their characters were featured in previous games. If our universe now includes any and everything the publisher owns, then we have a massive identity crisis. I hate seeing MK turn into MUGEN with nicer graphics and animations, but it does kind of feel that way these days.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The Matrix.

Plot off the top of my head: someone from Zion collaborates with Seraph, and create a video game that spans the history and events of their universe and all the stuff in the movies, but fashion it into a fighting game like when Atlus made Persona 4 Arena.
You could go back and cover Zero One and the blacking out of the skies, the first five iterations of the Matrix, wherever you want to go to add to the roster and cover the lore. Although, you'd be off to a respectable start from just the movies:
-Neo
-Smith
-Trinity
-Morpheus
-Seraph
-The Merovingian
-The Oracle
-The Architect
-Persephone
-The Twins
-Train Man
-Niobe
-Ghost

At that rate, you'd need to whip up some bad guys to balance things out, but that wouldn't be difficult. Hell, you could to a shoutout to MVC and add the Sentinel. And they look like Shuma-Gorath, so it'd be a double shoutout.

Anyway.
The Matrix.

"You do not truly know someone, until you fight them."

He-Man universe free

But would also dump my wallet for a Hanna Barbara fighting game with Space Ghost, Birdman, Dark Water, and Golden Lance (basically a He-Man knockoff) characters.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
  • One punch man
  • Lovecraft god fighting game with ancient ones on a world destroying scale
  • 80s metal album cover characters
"One punch man" game will he released in the near future: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Punch_Man:_A_Hero_Nobody_Knows

I'd love to see a Mythology based fighting game. Think Smite, but not as a MOBA, as a fighting game. Zeus, Poseidon, Thoth, Eris, Thor, etc. in a fighting game. Could be cool, even if it was just Greek Gods.
Almost like "God of War" fighting game :)

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Some other suggestions:
  • I loved "Hollow Knight" game and maybe a good fighting game could be made out of it, it can be something similar to "Super Smash Bros"/"Brawlhalla".
  • A game based on fantasy games setting, like "Dragon Age" or "The Witcher".

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'd love to see a Senran Kagura FG, but NOT with autocombos, easy inputs, and the likes.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I got another idea: A Yu-Gi-Oh fighting game, with the monsters on the cards being the characters, like Dark Magician, Dark Paladin etc; Obviously Arc Sys should make this one.

I also have the idea for it's concept: It's a 2-on-2 fighting game, with the player picking not just the characters but also Spell and/or Trap Cards which will be the assists of this game (no assist attacks in this game in a traditional way) or can be used for stuff like counter attacks for combo breakers, one time per match of course. And then the big one, that one of the cards that can be chosen is the Polymerization card (AKA the Fusion card) that can fuse both monsters in the team into one, more powerful monster, with full health and exclusive abilities, and it can only happen if both monsters are still alive and if the player has enough meter to spend. And if that monster dies, the player loses the match, but once again that monster is a lot more powerful as it is a fusion of the two monsters on the team.

If that ever happens that could be amazing.

Last edited: