What's new

Question What type of buffs catwoman need to become better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KH StarCharger

What do you think of the idea of a MB whip that hits twice. Once more quickly after the first one, hitting mid, giving her a halfscreen zoning tool that breaks armor.
First the regular whip needs to start up fast enough to not get stuffed lol. I'd rather have faster recovery on hit for the whip TBH. Either way, It does suck that her whip doesn't have a MB option.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
There's a reason why it's a big deal and impressive for an online player to come prove their skill in a real tournament. There is no hype anywhere when it's vice versa. It's big league versus tee-ball.
Online is also a big league with big players. The different is they have someone to record it and plus you get to win money. Nightmare sf 9th place at Evo. (first major)Viking 305 5th place in kit, his first major. Kinetic orochi 2nd major and made it to top 8. Online players prove and prove again. The skill level is the same as online. They are not at their own level. Plus online players get to play tournament players online as well so the skill gap is the same. There is no different.

coolwhip

Noob
According to this community if you make it to top 8 you are considered to be the best in the world with that character.
No. According to this community if you're the ONLY one making top 8 with the character and have by far the best results with her, while others' claim to fame is some online matches and a bunch of broken controller excuses, you're the best with the character. And it's a logic any reasonable human being would agree with.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Nightmare sf 9th place at Evo. (first major)Viking 305 5th place in kit, his first major. Kinetic orochi 2nd major and made it to top 8. Online players prove and prove again. The skill level is the same as online. They are not at their own level.
Exactly. They come out and PROVE it in tournament because that's what matters. It speaks nothing of other online players. If you don't come and prove it, and there are others that do, you don't get to call yourself the best. Get over it, because your comments against the people who really do put themselves out there and win are just disrespectful. I'm sure you're sure. Prove it. If you can't, not my problem.

The onus is on the online warriors who hype themselves up to prove they can walk the talk by going to majors/regionals and making it at least out of pools or at the very least showing they can hang with the known players.

Until then, you're just online warriors and nothing more.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
No. According to this community if you're the ONLY one making top 8 with the character and have by far the best results with her, while others' claim to fame is some online matches and a bunch of broken controller excuses, you're the best with the character. And it's a logic any reasonable human being would agree with.
Exactly. They come out and PROVE it in tournament because that's what matters. It speaks nothing of other online players. If you don't come and prove it, and there are others that do, you don't get to call yourself the best. Get over it, because your comments against the people who really do put themselves out there and win are just disrespectful. I'm sure you're sure. Prove it. If you can't, not my problem.
Vice versa. nope play me online and see who is better because they have the option to do that. If I beat a tournament player that place top 8 what is that saying about him and me?

He is better offline and that is it . If he want to come on Xbox live and challenge me for best catwoman online belt then all means add me Ra God Osiris. Until then he is just better offline period. Just like online you have to prove yourself. Face high level online players to be talk about. You have your ways we have our ways. N that's that.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I wouldn't be surprised if RA Helios was potentially a better catwoman player than 16bit. Viking is in equal league if not better than pig of the hut and m2dave with Zod so..? This is precisely the 'best with character' etc crap that is stunting character advancement

Justice

Noob
First off, I'd like to thank @Ninj for not closing this thread like he did mine ages ago because it was a "buff and nerf thread" and he didn't want the Catwoman forums cluttered with those.

Now that I've taken my cheap shot...

Like I said in my old thread, I thought it would be neat if Catwomn could move while in Catstance. Nothing game breaking, somewhere around 25-50% of her walk speed. I thought that would be a kool new level to Selina's gameplay.

While reading this thread, I had what I thought would be an interesting idea. What if Cat Dash was the only move to be "double Burnable?" What I mean by this is, we could MB right away to give armour to the first part with it travelling the same distance, startup frames, etc. but we could MB again like we can now to get the extra distance or the "return trip". The second MB would not provide any additional armour since the armour was already applied to the first Dash. This way, Selina has a better get in tool that MB B3 without it being a "get in free from anywhere" card and you have the option of spending the second bar of meter to extend the range. Also, the option to use it the way we have now would still be there by simply choosing to not MB the first part of Dash.

I definitely agree that Catwoman's wake ups need to be re-examined. I mean even wakeup Trait is highly stuffable and that supposedly has invincibility frames. I say supposedly because offline any low move has stuffed my wakeup 100% for as long as I can remember; AI or player.

coolwhip

Noob
I wouldn't be surprised if RA Helios was potentially a better catwoman player than 16bit. Viking is in equal league if not better than pig of the hut and m2dave with Zod so..? This is precisely the 'best with character' etc crap that is stunting character advancement
Yeah, but I've talked to people who played Helios and I trust their word.

coolwhip

Noob
Vice versa. nope play me online and see who is better because they have the option to do that. If I beat a tournament player that place top 8 what is that saying about him and me?

He is better offline and that is it . If he want to come on Xbox live and challenge me for best catwoman online belt then all means add me Ra God Osiris. Until then he is just better offline period. Just like online you have to prove yourself. Face high level online players to be talk about. You have your ways we have our ways. N that's that.
Wow your logic is twisted. Better offline = better, since online is an inferior version of the game due to all the lag. You're the one who's supposed to go prove it offline...provided your controller is no longer broken, of course.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You don't even play Catwoman. Please leave.
? I don't get why some of you catwoman forum guys are so stuck up on the internet because you got a few shoutouts on a podcast. If I'm not mistaken you all constantly make threads crying for buffs and complaining about how bad and unviable the character is anyway

Yeah, but I've talked to people who played Helios and I trust their word.
He has controller issues. If it was working he would of probably mopped all of them guys up

Status
Not open for further replies.