What's new

What type of “ality” would you like to come back for MK 11?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
As much as I liked the new Brutalities in MKX, I would love to see the original ones return to a modern MK, being like the Ultra Combos from Killer Instinct.

But should I choose one finisher to return, it would be Friendship! And not like MK9's Babalities... I didn't like those, never liked Babality really.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'd really really really like to see Brutalities return. Honestly I'd love it if they tripled down on the system. Easy ones, basic ones, crazy ones, stupid ones, hype ones, really rare ones, hidden ones...

It would also kinda fix an aspect that I've always found weird in FGs.. and that's the jarring way some rounds end. You have this epic fight, then something small like a jab ends the life bar and the character just awkwardly falls over, or something. I know there will always be weird interactions here and there, but smoothing that out would be kinda cool.

For instance, since chip is such a staple of MK, I'm sure it's coming back. Add in a basic finisher for chip-kills that segues into the "-ality" section, and has some Brutalities attached to it as well.

Example, Jax does some punch string (he's a punchy kinda guy) and one of the hits chips you out, let the string finish, but no cancel, at the end of the string the last hit slows down slightly (just a little, nothing that will drag out) and breaks your guard, then a unique attack follows, in this case, say, Jax just lays into you with a brutal left hook to the liver, leaving you standing but clutching your.guts or something...or a right cross that nails your head down and to the side, knocking your character backwards, struggling to stay up.

Shrug.

Aramonde

Noob
MKX Brutalities have to come back. I don't really care about babies or friendships just give me more brutalities.

Am I the only one who thinks hara_kiri's are dumb? If you're the person who lost the match you shouldn't be able to do anything after finish him! You lost, take your humiliation like a man!!!

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Friendships are more important than ppl give them credit for. In a highly toxic community where ppl take fatalities and teabags to heart, Friendships are the best tool to defuse the tension and show the opponent some compassion, When you appreciate their effort in trying to beat you despite the obvious skill gap. Or it could be used to show your gratitude on a good set to an equally good opponent or even to show respect to better opponent when you manage to steal a win on him in a set we're he's destroying you in an impressive display of skill.

I really hope friendships will make a come back in mk11 so i can use them that way myself, besides, they also give depth to characters and show that they all can have a sense of humor in their own special way, even if it's bizarre or disturbing. There are tons of creative possibilities on how every character will express friendship, Getting to see them after so many years getting done with today's polished graphics and animation would be so damn swell.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I also see ppl talking about animality and mercy.

I never really cared for animalities back in mk3, they looked way too goofy for me even as a kid. I don't really think ppl today would enjoy knowing Noob Saibot's spirit animal is an aardvark, Ermac's is a frog and Scorpion's is a fucking penguin??? I'd much rather have friendships if it's one or the other XD

But mercy would be so damn hype in tournaments, Very few players would be attempt it. But am sure SonicFox would be mashing that shit like a mad man.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Back when I was in school I always kept hearing about kanos sexality on sonya so I would like to see those brought back pls.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Everything.
Good ol' Fatalities are a must.
While I love the idea of new Brutalities, old Brutalities would be amazing to have.
Babality is whatever, but it's always been a nice addition while it lasted.
Friendships are cool.
Animality had that mystery factor but not the mercy nonsense.

I want to see Real-Life-alities..

Where we see the loser quit the fighting world and get a normal job, wife, kids, mortgage and bills, and we see him come home from work every day, sit down and pay his bills and deal with his resentful, obnoxious children, then retreat to his bedroom, alone, and quietly, gently, cry over a glass of whiskey, before going to bed so tomorrow he can repeat today, for the next 30yrs.

Now THAT is brutal imo.
i come here to escape that bruh, you go too far sir :eek:

Resistible

MK fan since '92
I also see ppl talking about animality and mercy.

I never really cared for animalities back in mk3, they looked way too goofy for me even as a kid. I don't really think ppl today would enjoy knowing Noob Saibot's spirit animal is an aardvark, Ermac's is a frog and Scorpion's is a fucking penguin??? I'd much rather have friendships if it's one or the other XD

But mercy would be so damn hype in tournaments, Very few players would be attempt it. But am sure SonicFox would be mashing that shit like a mad man.
Anamalities back in MK3 were pretty cheesy but you gotta remember that was 1995, if they brought it back today it would be completely overhauled with the correct spirit animals and new ones, scorpion wasn't in MK3 he was in MKT which by todays standards would've been DLC of MK3, Sheeva already had the scorpion so they couldn't use it twice. Imagine if they took animals from the characters realms, Earthrealmers having Earthrealm animals, Outworlders having Outworlder animals, so on so forth. Animalities would be a welcome comeback as long as nobody changed into a chimpanzee and just ran the opponent off screen, that was lame.

If they made more of them and even better ones, I would not mind one bit if brutalities replaced fatalities completely.

Maybe even make brutalities a bit more hands-on as to be comboable or mixable into other brutals. Like a non-shitty version of the MK Armageddon custom-chain-fatality system.