What's new

What to expect from MK11

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dunno why you'd think that, one look at Catwoman should tell you the opposite of that will be the case.

As for predictions. They'll probably do the opposite of what people complained the most about for I2 for overall game design, kneejerk too far the other way, and then of course include the NRS staples, which is, braindead day one machine gun spamming character, a female with a 3/4 launcher that low profiles everything, and a character that has a half screen mid pressure that confirms into massive damage

On the plus side maybe they'll include Noob this time
A man gotta have hope sometimes.

i expect a super solid, amazing game!
they have gathered enough experience since mk9, so i have no doubt mk11 will be a super strong game!

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
All I want are Chess Kombat, Deception style Konquest, and Tanya

ty in advance

I agree with the majority of the suggestions everyone has stated here, but we can't ignore the useless switch stance-button. MK11 can start utilizing that button as the character power or unique gimmick. Hell image if they brought back variations and you can switch for one bar with the switch stance button? How about you're Cyrax main and your character power can change the properties of your net! Just some random ideas, but adding functionality to that button will instantly add depth to characters and gameplay.

I agree with the majority of the suggestions everyone has stated here, but we can't ignore the useless switch stance-button. MK11 can start utilizing that button as the character power or unique gimmick. Hell image if they brought back variations and you can switch for one bar with the switch stance button? How about you're Cyrax main and your character power can change the properties of your net! Just some random ideas, but adding functionality to that button will instantly add depth to characters and gameplay.
Increase the invincibility of that button and make him to have no hurtbox and less recovery... aaaand presto!. Third strike Kombat is born.:DOGE
like this...
and this...

Ever since MKX i've wondered how they will handle the fatalities... Like seriously, that was the most grotesque shit I have ever seen in a video game. Graphically things can't make much of a difference, and the creativity would be difficult to top too. It's going to come to a point where Kano vs Sonya just results in you watching Irreversible with a HTC Vive. Mechanics wise I have no idea, but fingers crossed for no stamina system and no gear like I2.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don’t think there has to be NO 50/50s. I2 does it well, there are characters for every style and they are GOOD characters. Batman, Flash, Fate, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Supergirl for example are all very good characters and mostly do different things. It should also be more centered on the neutral like this game, where a lot of MKX devolved into setplay.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don’t think there has to be NO 50/50s. I2 does it well, there are characters for every style and they are GOOD characters. Batman, Flash, Fate, Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Supergirl for example are all very good characters and mostly do different things. It should also be more centered on the neutral like this game, where a lot of MKX devolved into setplay.
i cant be bothered to read this thread, which utter scrublord asked for zero 50/50s lmfao

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
@Eddy Wang Honestly, my main concerns are the storyline and the gameplay.
As an MK dinosaur , I miss MK9's simplicity gameplay-wise and since the only thing close to an MK movie (since MK legacy has been gone) is the story mode, MKX was a disaster from day 1 for me ever since I saw the "Young & the Restless" and CO take out great characters with ease. Plus the imbalance of characters' powers and capabilities. For instance I CANNOT acept that a Sonya can take out a Quan Chi...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hope it's more like MK 9 gameplay, no run but dashes back with MKX/I2 patching, balancing and wall escapes for meter. I also don't want to be penalized nor limited for backdashing.

Not sure how i feel about variation returning, If we could modify it in a balanced way like similar to Injustice's gear BUT you have to trade for another move thus making a balanced character, sacrificing a prior move but in a balanced method. Example, I want to play Ermac with fireballs, zoning moves and not just "pick one" because I feel restricted with the variation system if it doesn't work out for the character. I think I'd like it to be a combination of MK 9 and Injustice 2, and for cosmetics since MK is their creation(unlike DC) they should allow us to have a free color palette like WWE game when we kustomize our characters looks. I also like the way MK allows you to unlock costumes in different ways, PLEASE don't change this NRS. I2's is a pain at times imo and a bit more time consuming.

For modes always open to newer ideas, but I do miss the 4 player tag not going to lie. I'm probably in the minority there but when you had pals over that was insanely fun. The online mode too was nice, because when I went online with my friend, he loved Cage who's up close while I was Ermac zoning, keeping far it pissed so many people off lol. Good times. Oh and Fujin better be in MK11!!:mad:

Maybe for online only, with the invisible cursor option have it highlighted on YOUR end so only you can see who you're actually picking a different color than when you normally pick and both players can see or do something where you can choose to hide who you're picking all together ie like Capcom does with Street Fighter older games where you can't see who your foe is picking. IMO this would eliminate lame counterpicking, games etc. Just my opinion on that.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
@Eddy Wang Honestly, my main concerns are the storyline and the gameplay.
As an MK dinosaur , I miss MK9's simplicity gameplay-wise and since the only thing close to an MK movie (since MK legacy has been gone) is the story mode, MKX was a disaster from day 1 for me ever since I saw the "Young & the Restless" and CO take out great characters with ease. Plus the imbalance of characters' powers and capabilities. For instance I CANNOT acept that a Sonya can take out a Quan Chi...
MKX story mode was easily the worst story NRS has done so far, in my opinion. Like you said, a lot of the fights just didn't make any sense.

I think they did a lot better with Injustice 2. There's still a few fights that aren't believable (like the beginning fight with Batman and Wonder Woman. WW wasn't in a weakened state or anything, how did he win?), but most fights they find some way to make it work. The Flash getting shot in the leg weakens him and he can't really run, which sets-up enough time for Deadshot/Captain Cold to TRY to take him out. Don't get me wrong, the explanations could be better, but most of them weren't that bad and actually made some sense.

I for once expect more nutpunch variations for Johnny Cage.

For example, a run-cancellable nutpunch that would leave him safe on block and plus enough to continue the combo on hit, while adding a ton of gravity on the non-MB version, so that any follow-up juggle will drop, forcing him to continue with a standing combo ala NutRC-->113xxNutRC-->113xxNut.

Or a nutpunch that can be special cancelled into another nutpunch: on hit, the second nutpunch can be blocked, and on block, there will be a gap for armor/backdash; the nutpunch itself would be around -9, but the delay between the chained nutpunches would still make it possible to stagger. Then, Jhonny would also be able to mix the opponent with MB nutpunch (not to be confused with EX nut), so that if they backdash and then move in to punish, they'd get hit back.

Honestly, no new ideas for mimic nutpunch, other than just making it a slightly different version of mimic upperrcut: combo on hit, safe on block, mid, combo extension, big plus frames on block.

Oh, and NRS *must* add instant-air nutpunch. It think it would solve all the problems Jhonny currently has, especially his crap anti-airs.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
No variation system. Less 50/50 situations since mkx eventually saw some of there errors in the end. And hopefully with that in mind they won't need characters with multi armored specials so cyrax won't be butchered again.

We will probably see half our dlc as horror characters again sadly.

Hopefully back dash won't cost stamina.
And I liked that anti airs with like standing 1 and stuff became a thing near the end off the game. I hope that stays.

I'm willing to bet the next mk will be about getting everyone back to normal so we will probably see smoke return.

Let's not have a character like pre patch Quan chi again. There was a lot of broken stuff in mkx throughout its lifespan. But Quan Cheese old earth shaker vortex stuff was just something that shouldn't exist in fighting games.

No variation system. Less 50/50 situations since mkx eventually saw some of there errors in the end. And hopefully with that in mind they won't need characters with multi armored specials so cyrax won't be butchered again.
^This^ I dont mind guests , I just hope some of the new characters stay and hope that they get away from the variations. The were awesome but made the mix-ups overdone. Should be one solid variation. And easier to balance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Wishlist

-2 significantly different variations per character, each one complementing the other.

-Loser of a round has the chance to change variation before next round begins, so both variations of a character matter in every game.

-Mk9 quality antiairs.

-Less characters designed with 50/50s in mind.

-If run is back, it's slower than it was in mkx, and every character run speed is the same.

-If run is not back, then mk9 dash block system replaces it.

-Backdashes are the same for every character.

-No special cancelable teleports.

-Fastest starters in the game (less or equal than 8 frames) are highs without exception, and range of advancing mids is more reasonable.

-2 bar armor launchers become a universal mechanic. Uber advancing armors don't launch.

-Pushblock costs 1 bar.

- L2 button has finally a purpose lol.

God Confirm

What to expect from MK11 : ismael complaining 3 times daily about whichever character he chose to main

God Confirm

I will do it for sure, so you can have a reason to wake up in the morning and login here to reply to all 3.
you'll do it so that you have a reason to exist, if you didn't shitpost you literally wouldn't have any posts

Last edited: