What's new

What to expect from MK11

@Eldriken
Generally you are right of course but not when it comes to this guy. In other boards he would have been banned for his trashtalk.
Please do something!

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I remember years ago I got banned for simply posting a video of a crazy comeback resulting in a glorious rage quit on IJ1. No warning or anything. "Shaming" I think the moderator called it. Now there's a section for those kinds of videos right on the front page. Lawlz. Guess they ruled with an iron fist back in those days.

E

Eldriken

dude i know lol. i had that scumbag like 3 years on ignore. what i mean is, we need to get of this kind of guys.
why should be tolerate?
Because there's a difference between voicing your opinion and voicing it like an asshole. He did the former, not the latter.

He's likely not the only person who feels this way. As long as he posts it in a way that isn't trying to defame NRS or anything that's against the rules, he cannot be punished for it.

Because there's a difference between voicing your opinion and voicing it like an asshole. He did the former, not the latter.

He's likely not the only person who feels this way. As long as he posts it in a way that isn't trying to defame NRS or anything that's against the rules, he cannot be punished for it.
can I ask you something? how much crap does someone have to post to be banned? this guy is literally posting crap since years.
do you dont see it? i feel like an idiot trying to explaining to you this glortor guy:
this guy comes here to post shit, he likes to provoke with his "opinions" just to create a bad mood. he is like a dumb, bad troll.
how this is not ban worth?

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Hows the dash cancel mechanic wonky. Thats what most people loved about mk9?
I think they looked jarring with due to who the Neutral was so close range with the "dash block, dash block, dash block"and the run looked a lot more natural

Functionality wise they both did the same thing

The only difference was you could not cancel backdash led but I be fine with them making that a thing

You could argue the same with run but because if the range, speed and stamina bar it wouldn't look as much in such a close period so won't look as jarring.

For the record I loved the dash mechanic was super fun I'm just speaking from a visual standpoint.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I said it before I'll say it again, I fully expect MK11 to be the best NRS game yet. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I really feel like NRS should have all the information about what works and what doesn't for their games, and the resources they need to make it.

E

Eldriken

can I ask you something? how much crap does someone have to post to be banned? this guy is literally posting crap since years.
do you dont see it? i feel like an idiot trying to explaining to you this glortor guy:
this guy comes here to post shit, he likes to provoke with his "opinions" just to create a bad mood. he is like a dumb, bad troll.
how this is not ban worth?
This isn't the proper place to even really discuss this. If you'd like, directly message me about it and we can go from there.

Wigy

There it is...
I think they looked jarring with due to who the Neutral was so close range with the "dash block, dash block, dash block"and the run looked a lot more natural

Functionality wise they both did the same thing

The only difference was you could not cancel backdash led but I be fine with them making that a thing

You could argue the same with run but because if the range, speed and stamina bar it wouldn't look as much in such a close period so won't look as jarring.

For the record I loved the dash mechanic was super fun I'm just speaking from a visual standpoint.
Ah yeah i get what you mean.

I think functionality wise dash cancel was the best. But it did look funky

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't think variations or the gear system will be coming back. NRS always does something big a new mechanically in their games.

Whatever they do though, I fully expect them to find a way to get loot boxes in -- considering the fact that it seems like all other WB games (even single player games) have them. If it's not loot boxes then the game will have more microtransactions in general, I just feel it and know it's going to happen. Whatever they try to sell, I just hope it's fair.

I know this seems negative, but really I just try to expect the worst versus the good. In terms of things I "hope" is in MK11 though, I really hope they do a big mini-game like Chess Kombat again. I really loved that mode and I played it a lot, it is way better than these randomly-generated-modified fights they have been pushing the last couple of games. They are cool at first, but they get repetitive and boring after just a couple of hours -- they really need to start trying to find something new when it comes to modes. Ed Boon has expressed on Twitter that he would like to do Chess Kombat again, and that's nice, I just hope he and his team actually get to do it and doesn't get held back for whatever reason.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I would actually like for NRS to build on MKX, really, mechanics-wise. Just a wishlist...

-Slightly slower run, doesn't have specific stamina requirements to start but cancelling auto drains half the meter
-Shorter advancement on strings
-Long reaching normals with much more toned down ranges
-More emphasis on advantage and spacing-based offense, rather than straight high/low mixups (more slightly-plus-with-pushback situations, slower high/low mixups)
-Can we please use specific types of invincibility rather than making moves just have straight up armor?
-No more differences between walk and step speeds
-Faster and further backdashes
-Hurtboxes on weapon-based normals
-Instant jump punches always being negative
-Better anti-airs all around
-Reptile is top tier *eyes emoji*

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Mix all 3 variations.
I cant imagine Kotal Kahn with one variation or 2... people would say that all characters would be daaaaaamn broken... well, just tone down somethings like damage, more negative frames, etc.

No fucking 50/50s
No fucking advancing + safe + lauching strings
No low profiles
No braindead jump attacks
No more fucking mashing ever again (pokes waaay more negative on block)

Dedicated run button. It was so dumb we didnt have this to begin with... or at least make run holding forward after two forward presses like guilty gear.

D2s should outprioritize jump ins. If it doesn't "anti" the airs its not an "anti-air". Its just another hitbox you throw out

No Kenshi. Holy shit that community was toxic af towards MKX. Get rid of their guyfu and maybe we'll have some peace.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Want
- No mk11 until nrs fleshes out the non fundamental things they allow in there games like a run button smh

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
From NRS team, i expect a bit more of transparency from developers, no characters favoritims specially to QAs
Dunno why you'd think that, one look at Catwoman should tell you the opposite of that will be the case.

As for predictions. They'll probably do the opposite of what people complained the most about for I2 for overall game design, kneejerk too far the other way, and then of course include the NRS staples, which is, braindead day one machine gun spamming character, a female with a 3/4 launcher that low profiles everything, and a character that only ever presses one string because it's half screen mid pressure that confirms into massive damage

On the plus side maybe they'll include Noob this time

Last edited: