What's new

What to expect from MK11

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As NRS is pretty much radio silence, there is almost no doubt that they're working on their next project, it could be MK11 or it could be a new thing, so who knows right? Anyway TYM seems to be in need of some juice since news are kinda slower these days, so i though i could bring some discussion with this stuff rather than wishing to have characters in the game, everyone and their mother knows which characters i want in a MK and pretty sure no one cares, so neither do they about the characters you want.

So lets skip this character conversation and speak beyond on what to actually expect from MK11 art wise, gameplay wise, company wise.

So these are the things i expect.

From NRS team, i expect a bit more of transparency from developers, no characters favoritims specially to QAs, a well though out system which doesn't require major shift changes when they start patching the game and hurt several characters in the game which were designed with the initial idea in mind which they seem to throw out of the window later down the line

TLDR: I don't expect to see a character with a magnitude of jump attack as starfire or Catwomans B3, with literally no counters at all, i don't expect see a 7f air normal with beyond 10 active frames which can be used preemptively early in the air, be plus on the way down or safe and still hitting people crouching, or disjointed hitboxes on jump attacks with no actual counters in them, long story short, game needs some skill ceiling.

I expect to see a rich roster, which in my personal opinion it was the weakest point of MKX, full of special forces characters left and right, a good story for once, and maybe something far more unique than QTE.

Hopefully a better and different art direction than MKX, hope it is as colorful as MK9 or Injustice 2 was, the arena theme need some more depth into it as well, i know you guys have got rid of "purple skies" but bring us far more interesting places specially if you're going to give us other realms, favorite stage in MKX was easily the Kove, and i kept wondering what lies on that skull island, Jinsei chamber was meh at best.

No more stage with gimmicks in MK9 you guys have us Krato's stage which was terrible to fight there, in MKX Sky temple and its lighting was hurting the game like hell.

Though the chances of this happening are like zero, i'm still going to say it, i'm expecting MK11 to be without guests.

A improved training mode, i have a feeling that currently NRS training engine has a little bit far behind their competition, and anything that i've requested in past and previous threads all of them made into other games so far as of recently SFV which does exactly that i've been asking NRS to implement in this training Engine

They have a frame data counter, a color code to display advantage and disadvantage if needed. Replay slots so people can actually run different outcomes from the exact setup all at once, and having an option to run how frequent you want one or the other.

I still think having an algorithm that runs inside the game to count frame data, meaning the startup of a move, how plus/minus is on different proprieties, a color coded frame advantage mechanism would actually save them a lot of time rather than implement frame data display manually in the command list which not only takes a lot of time, but there is always a room for erros in the game which always happened before.

A way more elaborated tutorial mode which actually explains on what is a overhead or what is a low, advanced topics about the game fundamentals and so on.

This is pretty much all for now, won't touch much on gameplay things because by the time the game comes out it can be anything, variation no variation, stamina or no stamina, it will all depend on what they have in mind.

Discuss?

Last edited:
working anti airs... Frame data to be correct.. dash block if there's no run option... pokes to not be combo starters and to have a gap when canceled into specials( if they have no gap to be full combo punishable like scorpion take-down or sub zero slide). something like this. No female / male difference when doing combos.. and custom combos a lot of custom combos example... like Cryomancer side switch b2 combos or instant air fireball firefist liu kang combos.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
working anti airs... Frame data to be correct.. dash block if there's no run option... pokes to not be combo starters and to have a gap when canceled into specials( if they have no gap to be full combo punishable like scorpion take-down or sub zero slide). something like this. No female / male difference when doing combos.. and custom combos a lot of custom combos example... like Cryomancer side switch b2 combos or instant air fireball firefist liu kang combos.
When were pokes ever combo starters in MK?

Wigy

There it is...
I really hope they try balance out tier with skill a little more so tournaments arent top tier potato character fests. Its bad for the game and demotivating.

Jump ins toned down.

Toned down hurtboxes for low profiling.

These are all pretty obvious changes that make the game more satisfying to play at all levels of skill

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Omg like Leatherface's d3 into psycho rush. Block a d3, go to press a button, psycho rushed. It's not even a risk to him, as psycho rush can only be punished by reptile's slide. And of course he has the luxury of waiting to see whether or not it connects before spending a bar to launch. Most broken shit ever. Kinda the same with hellfire scorp's flame aura. Punishable yes, but WAY harder than it should be. I dunno what the window is, but by the time the active frames are done, it's pretty tight. The risk/reward is totally in his favor.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don’t like the way hurboxes and low profiling work in these games.

Town down:
50/50s
No double digit plus frames
Jump ins (they can still be strong though)
Low profiling
No run
Half screen mids
No variations

Make stronger:
Zoning
1 bar block breaker
Anti airs

I actually thought MKX was really fun, but that’s where I’d like MK 11 to go from MKX. And I’m not even gonna ask for them to get rid of the block button, it’s not gonna happen, it’s one of MK’s things, but I really hate that mechanic

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I hope Variations return, but only if they truly flesh them out the way they should.

Maybe Konquest or one of the Minigames could return? Idk they were fun to me. Particularly Konquest. With next gen technology that something they could massively expand on and make extremely cool and different.

Tag team mode to return.

Secret game modifiers from MK9 to return. They were among the most fun I ever had playing MK9 with friends.

Cosmetic Gear: Gear from Injustice 2, but made cosmetic only. I'd love to see Gear that's a mix of concept art from past games that never made it in, actual skins from last games, and new things. Shaders would be cool too.

If Variations don't return, a big roster of like 28-30ish base roster. MK9 had 28, MKX had 25.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Another thing I strongly disliked was the breaker draining both players' stamina. Why punish me because I forced them to break? Lost a nailbiter the other night from not having the stamina to break because I'd just forced him to break. Breaker denied by a breaker lol. Also have to settle for weaker punishes if they decide to throw out something stupid after breaking, if you're playing a cancel character.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Online needs to be totally revamped

Ranked needs to actually mean something lol. Promotions, demotions, titles, etc. We need something that actually shows skill and pairs us against players our skill level. Not this simple number/point thing. It also needs to have specific ranks. Like if you wanna see the top Scorpion players, you can easily look at the top 100 Scorpion players. Or if you wanna look at the top 100 people in the country rather than the world, you can do that too.

Get rid of the win chance percentage because it doesn’t mean shit. I’m pretty sure we’ve bodied people who have a 100% chance of beating us while lost to people who had 0% chance of beating us.

ONLINE FIGHTS NEED TO BE SAVED ONLINE! Idk why this isn’t a thing for NRS yet. We should be able to save our fights on our profile, that way if someone wanted to see your matches, they are right there instead of going on YouTube or something. Or if someone was looking at the #1 ranked player and they had a replay available, they could just watch it there.

Keep everything else but add those to it and online would be perfect. SF4 and Tekken 6 had these features and that’s why they are regarded as some fighting games with the best online features of all time. I honestly haven’t played a FG That has better online features than SF4. Tekken 6 is a very close second

Last edited:

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
From NRS team, i expect a bit more of transparency from developers, no characters favoritims specially to QAs, a well though out system which doesn't require major shift changes when they start patching the game and hurt several characters in the game which were designed with the initial idea in mind which they seem to throw out of the window later down the line

TLDR: I don't expect to see a character with a magnitude of jump attack as starfire or Catwomans B3, with literally no counters at all, i don't expect see a 7f air normal with beyond 10 active frames which can be used preemptively early in the air, be plus on the way down or safe and still hitting people crouching, or disjointed hitboxes on jump attacks with no actual counters in them, long story short, game needs some skill ceiling.
"I have a dream"

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don’t like the way hurboxes and low profiling work in these games.

Town down:
50/50s
No double digit plus frames
Jump ins (they can still be strong though)
Low profiling
No run
Half screen mids
No variations

Make stronger:
Zoning
1 bar block breaker
Anti airs

I actually thought MKX was really fun, but that’s where I’d like MK 11 to go from MKX. And I’m not even gonna ask for them to get rid of the block button, it’s not gonna happen, it’s one of MK’s things, but I really hate that mechanic
I disagree with all except run

Run is much less wonky than the dash cancel mechanic, they can balance it better for sure though