What's new

What to do when Smoke's harpoon connects

What is the most damaging combo that can be done when catching someone on RoboSmoke's harpoon? I've just been doing his highest damage auto-combo, but is there something better?

Annihilator83 said:
Turn invisible and then do the autocombo.
Pretty Much. Robosmoke Has no Pop up so you cant do anything other than an autocombo. Try Maybe Half the autocombo and sneak a Throw in. Only works on Noobs though, as even mid level Skill people will block it.

I have a tough time fighting a Robot Smoke that is invisible (unless I hear the teleport, then I'll just block). I think it's mainly because most people never use it and it catches me off guard.

krsx

Noob
Some guy on MAME used to turn invisible then sweep, followed immediately by a throw. You can use it occasionally on unsuspecting people, who expect the auto-combo, catching them off guard. Of course, they can block the throw, so it's only a one-time deal really, but effective when it works.

I used Robo smoke quite a bit last night and going invisible helped immensely. People either get very defensive or throw out risky moves just to try and make you appear. I can actually win when I use him...now I just need to learn some other characters so that I'm not a one-trick pony :)

Yeah i always just turn invisible then do the XXBYA combo, but then again i havent used robotsmoke since i stopped being a noob lol

Stinkyf1re said:
Yeah i always just turn invisible then do the XXBYA combo, but then again i havent used robotsmoke since i stopped being a noob lol
With a stupid comment like that, I assume you must be some noob then.

i noticed that people do very stupid stuff once you are in visible. Seems if you throw them, then run and jump they always try to jump resulting in an air throw. If they dont just do the jk crossup to run jab or waht ever you want to do

synbadd said:
i noticed that people do very stupid stuff once you are in visible. Seems if you throw them, then run and jump they always try to jump resulting in an air throw. If they dont just do the jk crossup to run jab or waht ever you want to do
You need to be one step ahead of them. Try to think what they are GOING to do, then counter that. But don't do the wrong thing or it will end bad.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Turn invisible then autocombo cept for the last hit and then mix up, sometimes sweep, sometimes hk, sometimes jump spamming block for air throw, or just do nothing while tapping bb incase they jump backward and you catch them with a spear and repeat.

To do more damage after any harpoon connection, turn invis, then turn back visible before completing the auto-combo. the emotional damage of telling the guy, "I could go invis but...i dont really need to" adds at least 7-8%...about the same as an airthrow