What's new

What to do against this?

Hey guys I’m having some trouble starting combos or even applying pressure using Baraka on my friends noob saibot. Whenever I get close he just mashes down 3 which is a really fast long reaching low poke that I can’t really find any counter for. If I hit him with a down 1 and then try to go for a string he still seems to kick me out of it. What can I do?

Invincibeast

Stay Free
I don't play Baraka but doesn't he have some long range normals that reach past the d3 range? like his b2 or something could help you get in

Try back 4 as well its like sweep.Comesout fast.Then over head back 2 .Thats my mixes works well.I wish B2 did jump over ducking opponents!sigh!!

Huh u
Hey guys I’m having some trouble starting combos or even applying pressure using Baraka on my friends noob saibot. Whenever I get close he just mashes down 3 which is a really fast long reaching low poke that I can’t really find any counter for. If I hit him with a down 1 and then try to go for a string he still seems to kick me out of it. What can I do?
Baraka has many options best thing to do is play it safe when he is down poking figure a footsie counter or even baiting you can also spam moves best force him out if position.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
F4 is arguably the best whiff punisher and footsie tool in the game. Use it heavily. Also Idk the frame data on Noob off the top of my head but I doubt his poke is plus, so you can probably at the very least use df1 to check him at range if he's mashing. His sweep is also quite long range and can get him. If you want to play real risky you can even go for B2 which is a far reaching overhead (super slow, though it is plus on block). Mix up all of that and you should be good.

TheLewis

Noob
If you D3, and hit, you garauntee your standing 1 and standing 2 though standing 1 is faster with better range but s2,1+3 is plus and can lead into frame traps. D3 is +14 on hit so go wild.

But the best way to stop a poker is to poke back and cancel straight into a special move. It doesnt combo but it will beat their next poke and with baraka you can BF4 amplify for a combo or do his chop chop amplify for decent damage.

Its risky, if they start blocking, because they can punish you but at least they stopped poking and are respecting your turn.

F4 is arguably the best whiff punisher and footsie tool in the game. Use it heavily. Also Idk the frame data on Noob off the top of my head but I doubt his poke is plus, so you can probably at the very least use df1 to check him at range if he's mashing. His sweep is also quite long range and can get him. If you want to play real risky you can even go for B2 which is a far reaching overhead (super slow, though it is plus on block). Mix up all of that and you should be good.
B2 plus? What???

What do you guys suggest to use against a Geras who just mashes that annoying 6f down 1? I feel like baraka has nothing thats fast enough if you block the d+1. It seems you have to block it and then hit him with your own d+1 to at least stand a chance of hitting him with something else. Whats even more annoying is if the Geras is crouched and mashing down 1 then your 11 or 12 hit high and go over him meaning he can just endlessly hit you with a mashing low jab, really annoying....

I dont think this works? Blocking the down 1 leaves Geras at -2 which makes his next jab come out in 8 frames. Is Barakas f4 6-7 frame start up?