What's new

What to do after blocked teleport?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
For the record, I don't play Reborn, so unless someone doesn't have a block button, I can't YOLO teleport even if I want to.
Actually, yolo TP just means raw teleport. And if your TP is being blocked, either you’re missing a punish (trying to TP a projectile and they recover and block in time), you’re going for the jump in/jump in TP mix, or you’re yolo-porting.

DeftMonk

Noob
I was under the impression this is the place to ask each other questions. My mistake. ‍:D
Move is -20. Unless ur playing against some char who’s fastest move is 22 frames, you take it in the face. Game has a quite good tutorial on the real though that explains this stuff. if you didn’t complete it, I highly reccomend it.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Move is -20. Unless ur playing against some char who’s fastest move is 22 frames, you take it in the face. Game has a quite good tutorial on the real though that explains this stuff. if you didn’t complete it, I highly reccomend it.
I wasn't sure if that frame data was actually accurate (since, honestly, what is in this game?) So I mean, I'll take credit for the dumb question. I just didn't know for sure if I was missing something I could do after that.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Actually, yolo TP just means raw teleport. And if your TP is being blocked, either you’re missing a punish (trying to TP a projectile and they recover and block in time), you’re going for the jump in/jump in TP mix, or you’re yolo-porting.
Attempting to punish or accidentally applying on-hit muscle memory to block.

DeftMonk

Noob
Some people here are just being really extra. Please never stop asking questions!

I'd prefer someone asking 1000000000 questions over someone complaining before looking for a solution.
Ya I didn’t mean to come off as talking down directly to the guy. It was just an honest observation which kinda made me sad. I miss those days of testyourmight. Keep asking questions guy.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
After my tele is blocked I either mix with meter burn or walk back and b1 to whiff punish. You can also tele again but its risky.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Some people here are just being really extra. Please never stop asking questions!

I'd prefer someone asking 1000000000 questions over someone complaining before looking for a solution.
That’s because all these muffin heads hate Scorpion and his TP

One serious question:

People always act like teleport nulifies the fireball game but I have huge trouble reacting to fireballs unless I just jumped back where I always just buffer the teleport in case somebody goes for forward advancing normals to punish with teleport.

Even constantly buffering on the ground is difficult at least against experienced players who don't use the same fireball flowchart every time and d1 or s1 from full screen to bait a tele.

Am I just slow in the head or are you guys able to willy nilly hellport onto projectiles on pure reaction?

Matix218

Get over here!
He may be new to FGs and not have a clear understanding of frame data yet. Not a big deal that he asked

Matix218

Get over here!
I have a general understanding of frame data, but I generally get hung up on what's considered safe or not.
As a rule of thumb -20 or -14 will pretty much always be considered "full combo punishable" especially if it has no pushback and leaves you right next to the opponent. At that point your opponent basically has all day to hit you with a combo of his or her choice as most characters have a string that leads to full combo that starts up between 7-9 frames.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I have a general understanding of frame data, but I generally get hung up on what's considered safe or not.
Most of the standing jabs in this game are what, 7-8 frames? So anything -9 or so on block is full combo punishable technically. But generally, you don't start getting punished until you're negative by double digits. -20 is absolute death. -14 you may get away with if you catch the opponent off guard and they weren't ready to punish

One serious question:

People always act like teleport nulifies the fireball game but I have huge trouble reacting to fireballs unless I just jumped back where I always just buffer the teleport in case somebody goes for forward advancing normals to punish with teleport.

Even constantly buffering on the ground is difficult at least against experienced players who don't use the same fireball flowchart every time and d1 or s1 from full screen to bait a tele.

Am I just slow in the head or are you guys able to willy nilly hellport onto projectiles on pure reaction?
Yes I react it without buffer (maybe buffering is even better as you do not need to do the DB just the 3 but I am not that pro :D). I just really focus on the opponent's movement to do the teleport when I really feel that I can whiff punish something.
I try to not fall into any trap but I teleported into bait in my life. :)

I also try to bait teleports against Scorpion with moving, buffering, etc.
With Cassie you can even cancel the gun lol.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I wasn't sure if that frame data was actually accurate (since, honestly, what is in this game?) So I mean, I'll take credit for the dumb question. I just didn't know for sure if I was missing something I could do after that.
Dont mind others, you simply asked a question. I think you are mainly getting away with it because if bad connections because amped us -14 on block and raw is -20 so you should get full combo punished unless they are mashing and not respecting your TP.

DeftMonk

Noob
You could consider if your doing lots of yoloing, using the other variation. While it seems to be useful to add an extra mix if they already blocked the low overhead strings, its also a much scarier yolo tool since once you start opening them up with the cancel (not difficult) they will start preparing to push buttons as soon as you jump backwards (yolo TP incoming telegraph).