What's new

What to do after blocked teleport?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
One serious question:

People always act like teleport nulifies the fireball game but I have huge trouble reacting to fireballs unless I just jumped back where I always just buffer the teleport in case somebody goes for forward advancing normals to punish with teleport.

Even constantly buffering on the ground is difficult at least against experienced players who don't use the same fireball flowchart every time and d1 or s1 from full screen to bait a tele.

Am I just slow in the head or are you guys able to willy nilly hellport onto projectiles on pure reaction?
I know vs Shang you can react teleport on every one of his projectiles. So shangs should be etching in and holding that block button btw you can react to his best advancing mid F24.

I get where your question is coming from. You're getting so much heat because the Scorpion teleport is a sore subject for lots of people right now. The fact that you don't have options after it gets blocked is like the one downside of the move among many, many upsides.

If I try to give a less emotionally charged answer than what you're getting, if you look strictly at the frame data without the situational context of when it's used, the teleport is a high-risk, high-reward situation for Scorpion. You're basically pushing your chips in the middle of the table, so you want to do it when it's smart to do so. At this point, skilled players know this character in and out, so if you just throw the teleport out there, and especially if you telegraph the move, you're going to lose that all-in bet and give your opponent enough frames to work with that they have every option in the world to blow you up in response. In ideal conditions (meaning, your opponent is skilled and also paying attention), you have no options at all when you're blocked because that's the cost you pay for choosing such a potent move and not connecting. Your Scorpion can't input anything for >= 14 frames, which is the reward your opponent gets for responding appropriately to your teleport.