What's new

What to do after blocked teleport?

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I've noticed that the biggest gap in my gameplan (save for bad tendencies to get out of my blood) is that I'm not sure what to do after Scorpion's teleport is blocked.

Less experienced players seem to get hit by d3 or will almost always go for a throw punish that I can crouch, but is there something more consistent I can go for to try and make it safe? Better players consistently punish me for a blocked teleport right now.

EDIT: My bad for the dumb question. With so much discourse surrounding Scorpion's TP and the nerfs people ask for, I was under the impression there was something I was missing in terms of making TP safe(r). Thanks to those who actually helped out.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
You stand there like a dope wondering if the WiFi Scorpion is going to meter burn it or not and then do one of the following:

- Wait too long and not be able to punish the regular version

- Try to punish the regular version, and then get launched by the meter burn

Oh wait....you're asking what YOU'RE supposed to do as a Scorpion player after a blocked teleport. How about you GET FUCKED!!!

Kidding. Sort of. I really hate Scorpion in this game.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Well the thing with Scorpion's teleport on block is that it's very unsafe in itself. In this game however, there are ways to work around it:
  • If you're constantly getting punished on a normal teleport, try amplifying it on block to launch your opponent anyway.
  • If you're constantly getting punished on an amplified teleport, try doing a normal one to force them to change their punish timing.
    • Note that the two situations above can still be dealt with by good players. It just makes it much more difficult for them to punish the teleport.
  • If you're playing Reborn, you can cancel the teleport if needed and go for something like a strike/throw mixup or something else. I'm not experienced with Scorpion so I don't know what the general idea is after canceling it.
The things you describe with less experienced players being able to get hit by your D3 or you being able to crouch a throw punish should be very fake. If I recall correctly, teleport is in the -20s on block so it should be impossible for you to duck a throw punish or hit them with a D3 unless, frankly, they're bad if they keep blocking the same kind of teleport and get hit by your follow-up afterwards.

Do it like me and start the round with the opening gambit of amped hellport.
It works 50% of the time and sends out the message that you're "that kind" of Scorpion player.
If it gets blocked, eat the full punish and wakeup u3, then amp hellport again if meter allows.

From now on you can get away with any regular hellport because 99% of the player base don't know how to press 11 or 12 and will be scared for the meter burn, even if you don't have any offensive meter.

Also never pick Reborn, that variation is for pussies.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
/thread.

Basically if your teleport is blocked, you should be getting punished. The only way you don't is if they are too slow or don't know their punish. You shouldn't be getting out of it at all.
More or less, this is what I assumed, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I get punished for it too consistently to assume I had any actual options afterward.

I play Searing Rage, so raw teleports aren't a huge part of my gameplan anyway, but sometimes what I expect to be a punish isn't.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wait what? After a blocked teleport you can’t do anything, you just eat the punish. If you’re playing people that aren’t punishing it, you need to play better players. Reg tp on block is -20, amp tp on block is -14.

You shouldn’t be raw teleporting anyway, unless you’re using Reborn. Even then I would do it very rarely just so they think about it instead of just going for TP cancel.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Actually now that I think about it what you should do after a blocked teleport is d1xxTeleport that should be fun
I was just about to say "just teleport again, whoever does not punish you the first time will probably not punish you the 300times either"

Jokes aside, like others said. You should have no option besides eating a punish

You stand there like a dope wondering if the WiFi Scorpion is going to meter burn it or not and then do one of the following:

- Wait too long and not be able to punish the regular version

- Try to punish the regular version, and then get launched by the meter burn

Oh wait....you're asking what YOU'RE supposed to do as a Scorpion player after a blocked teleport. How about you GET FUCKED!!!

Kidding. Sort of. I really hate Scorpion in this game.
I played multiple matches last night against WiFi Scorpions. My favorite was a guy whose lag was so bad the ping was in the 300s and he was blaming the server when it was clearly his WiFi. That was a fun match let me tell you. Nonstop jumping and YOLO teleporting and I could barely move let alone punish.

EDIT: Yes I was forced to play against him in Kombat League because of course it registered his connection under 150 ping until the match started.

More or less, this is what I assumed, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I get punished for it too consistently to assume I had any actual options afterward.

I play Searing Rage, so raw teleports aren't a huge part of my gameplan anyway, but sometimes what I expect to be a punish isn't.
To be more serious: if you use it for whiff punish/punish as it is supposed to do with Searing Rage and fails just check the move in the practice room if it is possible or not.

E.g. there are fast recovery projectiles and I found really difficult to react + teleport in time.
Especially online.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
To be more serious: if you use it for whiff punish/punish as it is supposed to do with Searing Rage and fails just check the move in the practice room if it is possible or not.

E.g. there are fast recovery projectiles and I found really difficult to react + teleport in time.
Especially online.
Thanks for this. That's almost exclusively what I use it for in Searing Rage unless my dumbass muscle memories it on block. I've definitely missed the timing on a few projectile punishes, so I'll have to lab those.

Matix218

Get over here!

The only reason you wouldn't get punished is if:

1. It is laggy online in a bad connection and your opponent's punish did not come out.

2. Your opponent made an input error (i.e. inputted too late or too slow of a move) when attempting to punish.

3. Your opponent sucks and has no knowledge of the game

Either way if you DON'T get punished after they block your TP you should just do whatever and be thankful you didnt eat a 30+% combo lol

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
As a Scorpion main, your focus should be on acquiring as many "ping" points as possible. The more ping you collect, the more your blocked teleports can be followed up with d1, d3, or throw. You can get pings by letting your dog chew your ethernet cable or having your family watch Netflix while you play, but I think NRS will make them available to buy for time crystals soon.