What's new

What to do about b1?

Suddenly 100% of Kombat League Scorpions cancel their jab/pokes into a micro dash back into b1. Did Raptor release a video or something?

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Put out an advancing normal of your own after you block the poke. I’m not sure of the frame data on Scorp’s s1/s2, I think s1 is slightly negative or maybe 0 on block while s2 is slightly plus. It may be best after blocking a standing jab to just hold the b1 follow up unless your character has a very fast advancing normal like noobs f2. After a blocked downpoke however, scorp is definitely negative on block and any advancing normal you put out there after blocking it should beat his b1 follow up, especially if he’s wasting frames trying to dash back before doing it.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Neutral jumping after blocking that d1/s1 should also counter that and give you a full punish.

At least those Scorpions try something. I had one that did Nothing but Jumping back, spear, jump back, spear, when in Corner teleport (eat a punish) and rinse and repeat. He lost but how can someone have fun playing like that? I don´t even have fun running after him all the time and punishing his teleports. Besides the punishes no combos where seen anywhere lol