What's new

Strategy What Stryker really Excels at - Patience.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Recently I've been noticing that when using Stryker, its not really about immediate defense or offense, its just actually using patience to really attack/counter against someone. He is fun to use when people really aren't patient at all.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
It's probably realistically the best way to play him, this reminds me of a match I had with a Liu Kang player a month ago where I baited out his launcher string and whiff punished with Back 2, Forward 2( I feel that's what that string is for to me).

He's pretty much all footsies, which is great for leveling up a player.

I need to be more patient, I have a hard time doing that many times although I've gotten a lot better at playing conservative and lame lol.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
This could also end up backfiring though, because sometimes I get a little too patient and then oops death by chip and grabs.

However, I find that if I try just going for it with Stryker, I end up whiffing uppercut more than any man has a right to, and I die quicker than when I played turtle Stryker. I could be more patient with Stryker if he did more damage but as it stands, he moves like a tank while hitting like a water gun. Might as well put the tank in over drive and try to drown everyone.

I don't know what I'm saying anymore

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
On a serious note, I've posted a thousands times why the match up is even based on the frame data and such, I give up on arguing it anymore lol.
The only problem right now is getting stryker's strings to work properly. Also his baton sweep armor rustles my jimmies.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
The only problem right now is getting stryker's strings to work properly. Also his baton sweep armor rustles my jimmies.
Very good points, I hate that buggy armor lol.

Maybe I can get some recorded matches of how I play it eventually (although I'd prefer to play it offline, but no Noob mains close by so that will have to do, even though online distorts perception of Noob I feel).

To put it another way(not directed at you) Stryker breaks even with Sindel, a character with better zoning, damage, and mix ups than Noob Saibot has in his toolset.

Edit: I don't wanna derail your thread further, so I'll step out.

He also excels at being a terrible character

hold dat
He also excels at managing to still be able to compete against the most of the cast if enough work is put into him. An ordinary mall cop-turned-S.W.A.T. officer can go up against supernatural ninjas and freakshows!

Hold dat.

(Too bad Stryker loses badly against his best bud. Oh well, Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader syndrome.)

Enenra

Go to hell.
He also excels at managing to still be able to compete against the most of the cast if enough work is put into him. An ordinary mall cop-turned-S.W.A.T. officer can go up against supernatural ninjas and freakshows!

Hold dat.

(Too bad Stryker loses badly against his best bud. Oh well, Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader syndrome.)
You don't hold up to my supernatural ninja. Sucky character syndrome

Hold dat

Never heard of that one. I know another card game he is probably also good at:

Craps.
Makes sense; when you're a law-enforcement officer defending the Earth from monsters coming from another dimension of existence, your shits are bound to be remarkable once you hit the restroom.