What's new

What strings can I interrupt with ball punch?

Wigy

There it is...
My friend got pretty predicable with his f4 up-skull on shangtsung and i noticed i can ball punch inbetween it. Any other moves like this? I've been trying it on d1-cutter vs kitana haven't got it to work yet

NKZero

Noob
My friend got pretty predicable with his f4 up-skull on shangtsung and i noticed i can ball punch inbetween it. Any other moves like this? I've been trying it on d1-cutter vs kitana haven't got it to work yet
I assume you are referring to EX nut punch? That move is invincible to all attacks except throws.

In any case, I'm sure in each character thread there is a list of frame gaps between strings etc. so you could find out. You can do it with d+1-fan cutter just needs practice. Although if I knew d+1-cutter was coming, I'd crouch block d+1 and then neutral duck cutter before full combo punishing it, rather than wasting a bar on EX nut punch which is harder to execute in between the two moves.

Wigy

There it is...
I assume you are referring to EX nut punch? That move is invincible to all attacks except throws.

In any case, I'm sure in each character thread there is a list of frame gaps between strings etc. so you could find out. You can do it with d+1-fan cutter just needs practice. Although if I knew d+1-cutter was coming, I'd crouch block d+1 and then neutral duck cutter before full combo punishing it, rather than wasting a bar on EX nut punch which is harder to execute in between the two moves.

Fair enough, is there any obvious and well known ones.. like could I Nutpunch between raidens strings? or is generally only between a normal cancelled into a special.

NKZero

Noob
Fair enough, is there any obvious and well known ones.. like could I Nutpunch between raidens strings? or is generally only between a normal cancelled into a special.
Any d+1-special or d+3-special can be interrupted on block. With other normals it's just a matter of knowledge and I don't really know of any notable ones considering the characters I use. As you pointed out earlier, f+4-ground skull can be interrupted. I know if Jax cancels f+4 into overhead smash you can interrupt even without armour/invincibility (you can just d+1 or standing jab).

There are also gaps between strings yes. Raiden has gaps in the following:

b+3 (gap), 1 (gap), 2. In b+3, 1, 2, the second gap is easier I think. With 3, 3, 4 there's a gap between 3 and 4.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Raiden's 33(4) and B3(1)(2)
Kabal's B1(2)
Kung Lao's 24(1+2)
Kenshi's F3(2)
Jax's 12(3)
Sub-Zero's 21(2)

These are just off the top of my head. Most commonly used strings that are interuptable.

Wigy

There it is...
Raiden's 33(4) and B3(1)(2)
Kabal's B1(2)
Kung Lao's 24(1+2)
Kenshi's F3(2)
Jax's 12(3)
Sub-Zero's 21(2)

These are just off the top of my head. Most commonly used strings that are interuptable.

wait.. wait.. i can touch kabals balls inbetween b1 and 2?