What's new

What skins / gear are you so thirsty for that you'll pay on the get-go to own and won't grind to earn?

Raider

Noob
we are literally talking about extra content it doesnt have anything to do with the “full price game” wtf let people buy their characters outfits without making them look like they are collaborating with an evil system
it's not that big of the deal get over it.
microtransations for cosmetics that dont affect the gameplay are a thing in the game industry for quit a while already
It is NOT extra content if it is "on the disc" and if it is obtainable in the game with a lot of grinding and frustration. Also it has a lot to do with "full priced game" if that full priced game is designed to make you spend real money after you pay the full price for it.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
If they are already in the game and can be unlocked through grinding for it, that's what I'll do. However, if more costumes are added as DLC, I'll be all for it. ^^

Lun

proud TERF!
we are literally talking about extra content it doesnt have anything to do with the “full price game” wtf let people buy their characters outfits without making them look like they are collaborating with an evil system
microtransations for cosmetics that dont affect the gameplay are a thing in the game industry for quit a while already

I have no way to say this any nicer: you're the reason we're being microtransactioned more and more and more.

I mean, people like you.

"Looks like they cut off some content and made it into expensive dlc."

"No big deal, they clearly had to finish it yet. They couldn't just release the game six months later."

"It's day one dlc."

"Don't be so spoiled you can also not buy it if you don't want it!"

This kind of dialogue above happened when videogames first started getting dlc and season passes. Now everyone thinks it's NORMAL for a videogame to cost 60 bucks + 30 bucks of dlc.

And looks like a few years from now, people will think it's normal that a videogame costs 60 bucks + 30 bucks of dlc + 20/200 (your choice) bucks of microtransactions.

My rule of thumb is if I’m buying a full priced game, the only way I’m spending more is for content that isn’t already in the game.

If this was a moba or shooter that was free to play I would be happy to support the devs, but given the fact that I’ve already preordered the premium edition for $100 and 2 days before launch they haven’t even officially shown any of the single player content or dlc I’m paying extra for, I think WB has got more than enough money from me.

Honestly if this was any other franchise I would have turned my back on it with the shit they are pulling with the krypt but MK is my favorite franchise of all time.

That being said, I used to be a die hard WWE, Battlfield, COD and Capcom Fighter person who bought every game every year but about half way through this gen I just got tired of contributing to the bs practices of game companies.

The fact that they purposely slowed down unlockables to push real money purchases is just inexcusable. Doing something like a quick unlock option I’m fine with but there is a difference between playing the game a few weeks to unlock everything and playing the game for years and still not being able to access the content ala IJ2.

*BTW I skipped IJ2 exactly for the reasons stated above, first NRS game I didn’t buy and I’m talking the whole way back to MK1 on SNES. They don’t make the this stuff right with MK11 with an update or patch I may be done with NRS which really hurts because I know that WB is the reason they have to put this garbage in the game.

Lun

proud TERF!
My rule of thumb is if I’m buying a full priced game, the only way I’m spending more is for content that isn’t already in the game.

And yet, 70% of the time the dlc you buy is content that could have been already in the game. They cut it out to sell it to you separately.

I've spent a couple thousand euros on microtransations in Blizzard games, until I realized that I'm a fucking idiot. Nowdays I don't buy microtransactions anymore.
Yeah, I probably spent a hundred or two in SFV costumes and stages and I regretted it later. I won’t let that happen again.

At the end of the day, I just want my character to look cool and switch things up once in a while as I play ranked.

I’m fine hopping into the Krypt or ToT once in a while to add some stuff here and there.

There was a point where the completionist in me wanted to earn it all, but that dream is dead. I don’t have the time or the money. I’d rather play better in ranked anyway.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
The only thing i’ll buy is the premium stuff. If it can be unlocked then I will grind. I’m hoping the skins that come with the premium edition are the movie skins. Raiden, Kano, Liu, Kitana and young Shang. Stuff like that I will buy instantly.

Afumba

Noob
Honestly you are either delusional or drunk or both to make a statement like this.
Its not extra content, its the content people already paid for when they bought the game. Also as far as skin goes lots are not even real new skins but just color swaps.

If they want to do this with DLC content its a total different story. It would still be extremly greedy but at least it wouldnt be scamy.

Your cosmetics argument could have validity in a f2p game or if the content is added afterwards but in a full priced game you are just telling yourself that so you can feel better about yourself for spending money on shit you already bought.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I got no problem paying for something I love. Every time Bane got new shaders in I2 I shelled out some cash for them instead of waiting.

It'll just depend on how annoying they are to get, and how sick they look.

I already convinced myself to commit to $140 for the game and two kombat packs so I have all the characters. There's no way I should have to pay more than that to get some of the costumes in the game that I like. I will be paying $0 in micro-transactions and complaining loudly if it's as bad as it's sounding in some other threads.

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I will never pay a single $ for microtransactions in a full priced game.
I'll never pay for anything in-game. I'll try to unlock all the cool gear for my mains though. If I can't do it, then oh well.
I never supported microtransactions and I won't start now. Thanks to people paying real money for this stuff, we have them in full priced games.
I have thousands of cards in Hearthstone as a strictly f2p player. My resilience in the face of convenience mtx is legendary. Mk11 ain't got shit.
I ain't buying a damn thing.
None. I already paid $100 for the damn game. Let me customize my characters, damnit.
None. I already spent $100 on this shit, they ain’t nickel and diming me any more.
Not dropping a single dime on microtransactions in a full out $60 dollar game. NRS can suck these nuts.
I'm gonna grind it. Not paying for skins.
These are my people.

What's that? You spent $60 on the game? Give us MOAR MONEY
What's that? You paid $100 for the premium edition? Give us MOAR MONEY
What's that? You paid $300 for the Kollectors edition? GIVE US MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MONEY

WB can eat my ass instead. If the Krypt has rng chests... It's just fucking loot boxes that aren't being called loot boxes, but are still loot boxes..

The only fucking reason they put in a way to shortcut a grind is because they fucking know the whales are gonna unload money on them. No. Fuck that. I never buy mtx in games and I'm sure as hell not gonna start now. They can take those time krystals and shove them right up their ass.

This is a massive fucking hype killer for me. I can't stand corporate greed. Just let NRS make their damn game and tell the investors to suck a fatty.

Anyone that spends money to shortcut to anything is part of the problem. If it's on the disc, it's yours. Don't fool yourself into thinking they're doing you a favor by letting you bypass grindy bullshit. You bought the game. The content is on the disc. You already purchased the content. Why the fuck would you want to buy the content a 2nd time?

This is why they padded all those chests with stupid variation icons, and Kombat kard customizations. Make it it harder to get the loot you want to coax you into spending more than the $100 you already put down. No. Don't you fucking dare spend a penny on this nonsense.

Let's take a moment to remember the Inj2 Legendary multiverse grind PRE PATCH. Never again...

The mortal kombat community is crazy vocal and passionate. Use your voice and your wallet. If you bitch enough, then practices like this will change. No one should tolerate this bullshit. Keep your money in your fucking wallet. Buy food instead.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
These are my people.

What's that? You spent $60 on the game? Give us MOAR MONEY
What's that? You paid $100 for the premium edition? Give us MOAR MONEY
What's that? You paid $300 for the Kollectors edition? GIVE US MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MONEY

WB can eat my ass instead. If the Krypt has rng chests... It's just fucking loot boxes that aren't being called loot boxes, but are still loot boxes..

The only fucking reason they put in a way to shortcut a grind is because they fucking know the whales are gonna unload money on them. No. Fuck that. I never buy mtx in games and I'm sure as hell not gonna start now. They can take those time krystals and shove them right up their ass.

This is a massive fucking hype killer for me. I can't stand corporate greed. Just let NRS make their damn game and tell the investors to suck a fatty.

Anyone that spends money to shortcut to anything is part of the problem. If it's on the disc, it's yours. Don't fool yourself into thinking they're doing you a favor by letting you bypass grindy bullshit. You bought the game. The content is on the disc. You already purchased the content. Why the fuck would you want to buy the content a 2nd time?

This is why they padded all those chests with stupid variation icons, and Kombat kard customizations. Make it it harder to get the loot you want to coax you into spending more than the $100 you already put down. No. Don't you fucking dare spend a penny on this nonsense.

Let's take a moment to remember the Inj2 Legendary multiverse grind PRE PATCH. Never again...

The mortal kombat community is crazy vocal and passionate. Use your voice and your wallet. If you bitch enough, then practices like this will change. No one should tolerate this bullshit. Keep your money in your fucking wallet. Buy food instead.
Are you done? Just ignore the damn shit.

Are you done? Just ignore the damn shit.
Are you rich? If you would pay anything for the pleasure of being fucked by WB, no one cares about your opinion.

If you're not rich, at what monetary limit would you get pissed that they're continuing to charge you to customize your fighters as advertised? $200? $300? $500?